• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

Soft Magnet: Orange
Comet: Purple
Cyclone: White

While the original discs are all looooooong gone, I still carry each of these molds in my bag. Sometimes I play an 'old school' round carrying just these 3 discs.

My first set of discs were;
Yellow DX Eagle 175 (lost in the creek at Veterans #8) it's also the first disc I ever lost.

DX Birdie which when I switched to Aviars I gave to my Nephew.

Bar Stamp DX Cobra 180 , which found it's way back into my bag only to split completely in half on hole #8 at Riney B while I was doing a test run after we just cut the new fairway :eek: . The hole is named after the disc (The Broken Cobra) and the disc now marks the tree that's the mando for that hole.

First disc

A DX orange shark. Found a kc pro roc and like it better, but my shark holds its special place. Even though its only been 3 months. also, considering my time playing, what should I be scoring at a place with a pro par of 54?

The first DG disc I threw was a borrowed DX Beast. The first discs I bought - 172 DX Aviar putter, 168 DX Shark, 168 DX Wraith. I really got the bug when my friend gave me a broken in 167 Pro-D Cyclone.

First time out years and years ago, me and my buddy played with Wham O catch plastic, can't remember the weight or names. Years later knowing I needed a disc golf plastic, but not what to get, I bought a cobra. After losing that I bought a shark.
Quite playing for awhile and just got back into it..again. Now throwing a Valkyrie, Wolf, and Rhyno.

My wife gave me an Innova starter pack for my birthday this year to get me into the sport.

Pink DX Leopard
Red DX XD
Orange DX Aviar

I love pink discs. If you can lose one you arent looking hard enough!

Um.... I lost that pink DX Leopard. :eek:

Was practicing in a soccer field that was fenced on one side and went down into a water runoff area that was totally overgrown. Basically you couldn't even see your feet. You could be standing on it and not know it.

It's ok though, my Pro Leopard is pink too.

Ok, let me rephrase that. Either you aren't looking hard enough or its in a water runoff area that is totally overgrown. ;)

Didn't stop me from trying to look for it though.

Never found it, but I scared the crap out of a rabbit in the process.

First time playing disc golf:
I used a Wham-O 141g. and a 133g. (both Glow discs). Catch discs, yeah, but I could control them pretty good. I still have them hanging on the Glow disc wall (cool wall when the black light is turned on).

First beveled-edge disc:
I ordered a disc from the Discovering The World catalog because it said it was a golf disc. I'm pretty sure it's an XD with a La Mirada Open stamp. I thought I'd give it a try, but it turned out I didn't like the way it flew. I had been using catch discs for so long I was used to throwing them and I couldn't seem to release the new one properly so I hung it on the wall. Later I tried again, and again, and again. Then I released it properly and it took off across the field where I was throwing! Instantly I knew I was on to something, ordered more new style discs, and hung up the Glow discs on the wall where they still are today.

DX Leopard.......Eventually lost it when I started to get hooked then went out and bought a DX Aviar and Champion Leopard Tye-Dyed (looked cool and was a leopard and I had no idea what I was doing at the time). Eventually lost the leopard, but still have the aviar.

Um.... I lost that pink DX Leopard. :eek:

Was practicing in a soccer field that was fenced on one side and went down into a water runoff area that was totally overgrown. Basically you couldn't even see your feet. You could be standing on it and not know it.

It's ok though, my Pro Leopard is pink too.

I lost the exact same disc, but that was because I threw it into this stinky, murky, pond.

Played first round with a frsibee, then realized why everyone else was using "those smaller discs."

First discs I bought were a DX Cheetah and Eagle, with an Omega Super Soft putter. Cheetah earned the nickname "Tree Magnet," but provided several years of decent service before getting lost a couple of years ago.

Starter set consisting of a DX Wraith, DX Roc and a DX Aviar. The Wraith took the most time to learn but after I figured out the whole nose down thing, I really made some improvements.

Starter set consisting of a DX Wraith, DX Roc and a DX Aviar. The Wraith took the most time to learn but after I figured out the whole nose down thing, I really made some improvements.

Other than the Wraith those sound like a great bunch of discs to start out with. When I first got hooked, I got my DX Leopard at a Dick's Sporting goods beacuse I thought it looked the coolest. Actually was a decent disc to learn with. Anyways I know tons more about discs and the game than I did almost 2 years ago.

Play it Again Sports, first purchase: Dyed Champ Orc, Star Shark, and Champ Aviar.

Latest posts