• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

started with a cyclone. it wasn't very beginner friendly. the first disc I felt like I had control over was a 174 wolf and I still have that one (and 3 more wolves).

The first disc I threw was a Champ Starfire (my buddy's disc) and the first discs that I owned were the Leopard, Shark and Aviar (Innova DX starter set).

Stingray. When I started, there was only 1 kind of plastic, what we call DX now. Although, it seems old DX (20 yrs ago) is more durable than the stuff they sell now

My first disk...

First disc I ever threw was a buddies DX Eagle, and the first I ever owned was a dx Viking...

It seems as though most of us on this forum started with starter discs for beginners. I see a lot of players today whom start with such high speed discs as their first one. They can't throw it and quickly become frustrated.

I actually got three at one time, JK Pro Aviar, DX Wolf, and DX Shark. My Wolf is still my rescue disc to this day.

My first 2 discs were DGA Squall and Reef. They were given out at the opening day of the course at Herman Michael Park in Watkinsville, GA.
I still have them, hanging on the wall.

I was taught by a friend who hated losing discs so much, that he never lent them out...so he guided me to buy three...a DX Pirrahna, a Z-MRV, and I want to say a Pro Eagle...

After borrowing a friends disc for my first round and figuring out which type of throws I was decent at I bought a Champ Firebird (175) and a Champ Rhyno (172) for putting/mid range. I was an all sidearm thrower at first, so the Firebird did well for me. I now have multiple Firebirds, along with an assortment of other discs. Working on my backhand still, and it's coming along well.

my brother used a comet and i used the shark. i loved that disc so much. it was the only one i used for about a year. it was perfect for everything. but that's when i was younger (15), so i couldn't throw the drivers as far as i can now. what a great disc tho. gotta love the shark.

Latest posts