• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats a straighter Wizard

20 posts and no one said Magic? I replaced my Organic Wizard with a SS Magic and really like it.

beat down one of your regular wizards. screw putting more molds in the bag, just tune copies of the same disc

He's talking about putting inside the circle. Every putter acts similarly inside the circle. If you want a straighter Wizard inside the circle, start putting with more confidence.

Get out and practice.

/THREAD
Why did this thread keep going after this?

A straighter feeling wizard is a beat wizard.

I have new Pro-D challengers for winds. and my old go to challenger is dead straight with no fade from 30 in. but that one is beat to death but its super dependable. and good beat putters arent beat in with hitting trees. Tons of hard putts hitting chains and small knicks here and there over time make for a good smooth beat in flat putter

Too overstable?
Try looking at it as being "Predicatable"...and practice. You'll come to love that predictable fade, and sinking long puts in the side of the chains.

I personally use Magics if I need to anny put or can't play the fade of my Wizards... but it (Magic) feels nothing like a Wizard.

MVP Anode

1) Gyroscopic like a Wizard,

2) Thin flight plate like a Wizard,

3) No bead = less stable than a Wizard.

Love my Anode's. Just wish I could afford more than two :\

If you want the same feel with the bead, I would agree with the focus. Perhaps a soft Ion maybe? Just go fondle some plastic and see what you come up with

Get a slightly lighter wizard. I putted with 175s for a bit and they do drop/hyzer quickly. 165-170 grams and you'll be fine.
I agree with this.

Anything that will be significantly different from a Wizard in the circle will be terrible in the wind. You're better off just finding a Wizard in the weight range whiz listed and then learn to aim better. You'll have to relearn how to aim if you pick something floaty enough to be different than a Wizard, anyway, why not learn with something that's good in way more situations?

Latest posts