• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] What's in your 2017/18 glow bag?

Glo Z FLX Challenger
Glo Z Buzzz
Moonshine Diamond
Glow Champ Leopard 3
Glow Champ Tee Bird
Glo Z Crank
Glow Lace

Well,

I am not officially one who plays at night. My thing is this time of year we are loosing light and I need to pack a few in my bag that might keep me from loosing a disc near the end of the round.

So, as a plastic addict I try to keep some must have discs in glow plastic. Or perhaps try a newbie out in glow.

This last spring I bought some kataplast putters that glow better than almost anything except for the first run sexton firebirds perhaps.

And the question for hardcore glow players is what flashlight should I buy to light these babies up if I ever decide to get more into glow?

And the question for hardcore glow players is what flashlight should I buy to light these babies up if I ever decide to get more into glow?

Google: 51 LED UV Flashlight.

That's what you want, and you can get them for under $10 + shipping (might even be able to find someone who ships for free). Works much better than the 9 LED UV's available at most local stores.

51Poson3rzL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Last edited:
Wall mart has uv led flashlights that work really good and are much lighter than the 51 led monstrosity. I've bought plenty of led flashlights and the Amazon cheapos break pretty quick if you play glow semi often.

I have a Champ Glo Firebird and a DX glo Roc and that will see me through most rounds.

Throw a light on anything else I may want to bag, but those to can do most things you need to in the dark.

Purple light is the one from wal Mart. And the black one is a nitecore chameleon cu6 it's pricey but is the best tool for a glow round I've ever found. It has a 3watt true uv diode plus red, green and blue lights and a 400 lumen white light.

Attachments

• 15697504-FF88-4706-927B-D93ABD6B505D.jpg
    15697504-FF88-4706-927B-D93ABD6B505D.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 12
My first winter coming up so I'll keep it very simple. Actually added a forth mold yesterday and can't wait for it to get here.

Moonshine Pure
Moonshine Compass
Moonshine Saint Pro (beat to almost straight)
Frost Moonshine Spark

Feels like the perfect 4 disc bag!

Anyone able to send some glow tape to Sweden? I would love to try that out!

All moonshine

Pure
Emac Truth
Warship
Escape
Renegade,

I feel like I need to add something with more beef for hyzers and FH shots, maybe a Culverin?

To the guys who throw high speed drivers in the dark, do you throw them much? I've never gone over speed 9, and that's pretty much what I'm comfortable with for night rounds. The higher expense, and easier to lose nature of glow discs make me not want to carry ones that go super far.

Google: 51 LED UV Flashlight.

That's what you want, and you can get them for under $10 + shipping (might even be able to find someone who ships for free). Works much better than the 9 LED UV's available at most local stores.

I didn't have a good experience with the 51 LED UV flashlight I bought, was made somewhat cheaply and fell apart in less than 6 months of use. Plus it seemed to work great for an hour after new batteries were inserted but after that hour it fell off 25-35% of power. So I am going to kindly disagree with Bogey on this one (sorry Bogey) and offer my personal favorite.

UltraFire wf-501b LED UV flashlight. These things are built to last as mine is going on 3 years without issue. Somewhere in the $12 to $20 range but comes with charger and rechargeable batteries. Only need to hit the disc for a second or two to achieve max glow. I play glow 1-2 times per week year round and the UltraFire is the one I recommend. Plus it is smaller in size and fits easily in your pocket. :thmbup:

Pro Tip: (ok, it's an AM1 tip)
Put some glow tape on your UV flashlight (or whatever light you use for glow). There's no worse feeling than leaving your light somewhere and not being able to find it.

These are the flashlights I'm familiar with for glow:
  • I have a 21 LED UV flashlight that fits nicely in a pocket. Takes 10-15 seconds to really charge up a glow disc well. It's pretty lightweight as it only takes 3 AAA batteries to power it, and I only swap those out every 10 rounds or so. However, I got the cheapest possible version of this light ($4, made in China) and it took FOREVER to ship and now the contacts are going bad after 1 year of use. Takes some "percussive maintenance" to make it work at times.
  • A buddy has one of the 100 LED UV lights and that thing is BRIGHT! Seriously charges any glow disc in 3 seconds tops. The downside is that the head size required to cram in 100 LED's is so big that you can't really fit it in a pocket and still throw comfortably. However, it's powerful enough that an entire group can share the same light, so there's always someone to hold it while you throw. Can't say for sure, but I'd imagine it burns through batteries at a decent rate.

I'd be interested to try the light that FP mentioned above; sounds like a gooder.

However, it's been scientifically proven that more discs = more fun.

Not necessarily. I prefer to travel light for glow, less stuff to lose or worry about. So I leave the backpack and zuca home, and just bring the small 12-disc shoulder bag. A lot of glow rounds turn into mob rounds with 6-8 people, and it goes sloooooowwww. So for me, more fun is only bringing 4 discs, and having room to carry a six-pack. If I don't drink them, someone else will!

As for discs, I have a pretty good collection of original Photon Glo discs. Away from any ambient light, they are still my favorite glow discs. With any ambient light--street lights, or even a full moon out in the open, they tend to disappear. For those times/courses, I use some Champion plastic with LEDs taped to the bottom. Works great!

My typical Photon bag is:
XL
Z-Buzzz (not Photon)
Stratus
Challenger

My typical Champion bag:
Firebird
Sidewinder
Roadrunner
(and the Z-Buzzz and Challenger from above)

At the risk of thread drift; i would be sparaying my drives ever more haphazardly all over the place after a sixpack... I hate that feeling, usually wont even have one beer when playing

At home on the weekend, yeah my routine after getting my projects done is crack open a beer and grab the discs. I play a few holes at home I made up while working on a few brews.
But at league or leave the house to play. Beer just don't work.. its to much work really to carry that and my bag.

So back on topic what brands, molds etc. are glowing really well? I commented that my kataplast reko putters were super glow status..

so i'm on amazon looking at that 501 b light and wondering what kind of battery is that? looks like a double a..which I already have a charger for. but if it is some weird one I will order the charger.

so i'm on amazon looking at that 501 b light and wondering what kind of battery is that? looks like a double a..which I already have a charger for. but if it is some weird one I will order the charger.

I have not looked it up but I would imagine it's an 18650, which is a lot bigger than AA cells. Future said it comes with a charger and battery I would get that instead of any options that ship flashlight only.

I don't have a glow disc yet, but I'd like to have one ... one single midrange or fast driving putter, slightly overstable, for one-disc glow rounds.

Bagged this for a tourney earlier tonight (no wind, 34 degrees, max hole maybe 450')

Glow Sole
Glow VP
Glow Meteor
Dx roc
Glow roc3
Pfn Star teebird (honey)
Ch faf grippy firebird
Glow Qjls
Glow thunderbird

..., Course specific, but not far off from normal bag. .... Meteor stretches replacing almost all of my low wind leopard shots now anyhow

Last edited:

Latest posts