• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the most Skippy disc you have ever seen

Technohic

* Ace Member *
Title says it all.

The first Z Flick I ever had was flat as could be and I used to skip that sucker all over. Wish I hadn't got rid of it cause the other Flicks I have tried just have never been quite as flat or skippy.

Gateway's Illusion is a skipping fool! I've had them in 150 class all the way up to a 176 glow and they all have a huge arching skip at the finish. Also great for hyzer spikes leaving some great tombstone opportunities depending on the type of ground your playing one (Florida sand doesn't make for great tombstones LOL). Been the biggest skipping disc in my bag thus far in my ~1 year of experiance.

Z Flick or Champ Whippet. They both have consistent, reliable, left-to-right (RHFH) skips.

I think anything that's really overstable is going to have a massive skip. The biggest I've seen are Tridents and NukeOSs...both go about as far on the skip as they do forward.

I was just perusing the PDGA approval sheet and looked at the Flick, 1.3cm height with 1.1cm rim depth which is about as flat as I see listed. Of course, some runs are domier than others in almost every mold made.

My thought is it is much like finding a rock to skip across a pond where you look for the flattest side. On a disc, the angle of the edge probably has something to do with it as well.

as has been said on the overstable issue
but for me my Pro Line mold monsters

my CE EXP1's would be next

I agree overstable are generally the best skippers, the key thing is the disc has to hit the ground at a reasonable hyzer angle with enough speed/spin (don't know which is best, I would guess a good balance between the two.)

My brother often throws an Ape on a softy hyzer on short holes because he know it wont skip at lower speeds, rather it will begin to fade and dig into the ground rather than skipping.

I love the late fall and early spring for skipping, best disc skipping season IMO. Winter is solid, but sometimes unpredictable and wet.

Predators can skip fairly predictably. I would imagine that overstable wide rimed discs would skip the most

the xXx friggin skips... damn thing jumps up in the air!! it is nuts how it can start to skip, be mid skip in the air, and almost take a vertical leap off the skip.. yea, if you know what i am talkin about.. you know what i am talkin about

On a disc, the angle of the edge probably has something to do with it as well.

agreed, that's what I like about the illusion is it's wing is flat got a nice angle on it and isn't concave like some of the bigger winged drivers

My thought is it is much like finding a rock to skip across a pond where you look for the flattest side.

The illusion has a surprisingly domey flight plate but for me it helps hold it flatter in flight until the disc slows enough to hit that optimal hyzer/skipping speed which helps me time about where it skips by how hard I throw it. Flatter discs I have more trouble with on that as they're more tempermental about being throw at slower speeds (from my arm).

the xXx friggin skips... damn thing jumps up in the air!! it is nuts how it can start to skip, be mid skip in the air, and almost take a vertical leap off the skip.. yea, if you know what i am talkin about.. you know what i am talkin about

Heh. I will have to test the xXx some more for that. I know with the old Flick I had, I would beam it into the ground about 20' away and it would skip up into the air and to the left and then roll when it landed. It was a fun shot and I don't know why I was retarded and got rid of that disc. Grass is always greener I suppose

Latest posts