• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats the most Skippy disc you have ever seen

i have a flat glow champ destroyer that is perfect for those late throw skips.

for early skips you can't beat the Asia open FB firebirds glow champ but they are stupid hard champ. they skip so far that it is actually hard to not skip them on a low throw.

throw your bag on up and down hyzer bombs and the one that comes straight down will be your best skip shot disc.

when i need big skips i throw star xcals. i have many "warp speed" drivers but the xcals tend to have the most consistant large skip for me when thrown on a nice flat line.

Now that I saw it mentioned...I have 3 skip aces, none of which is with the Ape that I expounded upon.
I have skip aces with a Pro Line Beast, a CFR Glow Destroyer, and a Star Destroyer. Only one of these (the glow destroyer) was a planned skip...I just as soon would have had the other 2 fly directly in. With that, I always count on action after the disc hits the ground, so, the skip ace is a natural probability. Then again, it's only happened on 3 of 13 total aces!!

I like a Glo Champ Firebird. I have used a Blaze and Trident with some success also

Now that I saw it mentioned...I have 3 skip aces, none of which is with the Ape that I expounded upon.
I have skip aces with a Pro Line Beast, a CFR Glow Destroyer, and a Star Destroyer. Only one of these (the glow destroyer) was a planned skip...I just as soon would have had the other 2 fly directly in. With that, I always count on action after the disc hits the ground, so, the skip ace is a natural probability. Then again, it's only happened on 3 of 13 total aces!!

I have 6 Skip Aces(out of 20) - 2 with Star Whippets, 3 with Star Maxs and the last with a Star Destroyer. I think the Max gives me the most consistent skips & maybe the longest as well.

Xcals and Destroyers skip the highest and furthest for me. Probably because they have both the wide rims as well as the fact that they land at more of an angle. I have one skip Ace with a 161 Star Katana, those skip pretty nice as well.

Lately, I've really been liking the way my 175 Pro Vulcan skips on low lines.

The skippiest discs in my bag are an 11x firebird, a CPD2 and a banshee in that order.

I have 6 Skip Aces(out of 20) - 2 with Star Whippets, 3 with Star Maxs and the last with a Star Destroyer. I think the Max gives me the most consistent skips & maybe the longest as well.

Ya, I am never without a Max in my bag - Star and CFR!! They do skip dependably!!

Just keep a hold of your Firebird as well. Flick should not replace a true overstable disc as it will turn in a headwind. my theory is that the Flick is just super fast for how wide the Rim is and how flat they are to where they feel OS but really are not. You just have to be super human to get them up to speed without wind.

You must be throwing the new flicks. If you get a hold of an old Z Flick it is the most overstable disc there is on the market. I have had a couple in my day and I have had new ones. The old ones can be thrown in 100 mile an hour headwinds and still fade hard. Flicks have by far the best skips I have ever seen. You just have to throw low and hard with a lot of spin on the disc.

I like a Glo Champ Firebird. I have used a Blaze and Trident with some success also

This was the first disc I thought of for this discussion. I can see the xXx as well since it and the Trident are very similar stability-wise. I use the trident anytime I need a hard left skip (RHBH) to finish a shot. It works like a charm and is really easy to get 3-4 feet in height on the skip.

Just a couple days ago i witnessed a star Xcalibur skip about 10ft. straight up due to a massive headwind.

Gotta agree with the xxx. Ive gotten mine to do double and even triple skips!! Pretty cool disc and the plastic is by far the toughest and most durable of any disc Ive owned. :thmbup:

images

I did catch a SICK skip ace with my AJ Destroyer, but I think my Star FireBird is still a little more "Skippy".

I second the Feldberg Champ boss...I skipped one from at least 65 feet from the basket and it hit chains and splashed out last week on hole 16 at Youth Park. They even triple skip on occasion.