• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the One Disc You Give a Noob?

Other than the obvious Ape everyone is pointing out, I have always had best luck with buzzzes. I tried giving new players things like a river, or leopard, but the buzzz has always given them the best shots. The Axis is similar, but not as friendly for form. What about an Alias? Do you have more of those to spare?

Beat up dx and gstar teebird, beat up dx roc, polecats, Beat up gravity ghosts, those are all discs I've given to newer players during rounds where I saw them struggling, and to great success for them - how far they can get them out there is what determines what I give them. Stingrays are probably the easiest to throw though.

First response has it correct for me. Neutral mid for sure. I usually tell newer people to grab a Buzzz or a Comet. If I'm on the course with my own bag, I hand newer players my Makos to see how it treats them. Neutral mids are great for such a diverse array of shots, especially at early stages when max D isn't even a thing.

Latest posts