• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the perfect bag if someone wanted the best? First run? Colors? Plastic etc?

Wayne Disqus

I'd like people's opinions on what the perfect bag is. I've read alot of stuff but nothing complete. I want some good builds. CE plastic? First run? Red,pink, yellow colors? So far I've read that pink domey forces, destroyer proto's, 11x kc roc and 11x champ Eagle, ce firebirds, first run boss and xcaliber, ce valk and leopard. I just want some specifics. Help me out and I'll send some you some of the discs I've wasted my time and money on as a thank you!!

First of all, welcome to the forums.

You'll find that best is going to be a massively subjective term here. For everyone that espouses the merits of an 11x Teebird, there will be someone that tells you a 12x does the same thing for cheaper.

Rather than aiming for someone else's definition of "best," make your own. It'll take some time, but likely be more rewarding in the end. Good luck!

Welcome to the site!
Onemilemore hit the nail on the head. Half the fun is experimenting with discs to see what fits your game best.

I agree with what was said earlier (except the groove comment of course...and I hope you know that was a joke, lol) nobody will be able to tell you what's best for you, but there's different companies that have bigger strengths that I feel is worth looking at. Now these are all arguable, but discraft has some of the best mids in the game. Lat64 and some innova is definately looking at for fairways. Innova has the widest variety of distance drivers (though I feel most should never be used by most players. Putters are all feel, gateway has got some good options. There was actually just a thread on this. There will always be "popular" discs that are by all means worth trying such as the buzzz, river, comet, teebird, and predator, but only by trying these disc will you know. I used to look at peoples signatures to see what type of discs they were throwing in which areas (wooded, windy, open, elevated courses). But again, its all about trying discs out. Most peoples bags will never be complete...its just too much fun trying new plastic and keeping the addiction going. Just keep huking, and good luck!

I'd like people's opinions on what the perfect bag is. I've read alot of stuff but nothing complete. I want some good builds. CE plastic? First run? Red,pink, yellow colors? So far I've read that pink domey forces, destroyer proto's, 11x kc roc and 11x champ Eagle, ce firebirds, first run boss and xcaliber, ce valk and leopard. I just want some specifics. Help me out and I'll send some you some of the discs I've wasted my time and money on as a thank you!!

Don't waste your money on anything that is not in current production. Today's discs are the best there have ever been, people just romanticize "CE" plastic and "8-9-10-11x" etc. Don't ever spend more than $20 on a disc to throw (unless you feel like charity and there is some sort of fundraiser disc). Besides that, as was said above, if you ask 100 people you will get 100 different answers. My only other advice is to not get too caught up in just Innova/Discraft...Latitude64 and MVP disc sports make discs that are much higher quality on average.

I'll give this a shot. If money was not an issue this is what I would try(some of these are in my bag others I wish I had.)

Slightly beat 4 chain Magnet for putting(173)
Beat red soft Magnet for putting(firm soft 173)
First Run Ion (166)
Opaque Ion (orange 172)
New CE Ryhno
Beat 1st run Buzzz
Fresh 1st run Buzzz
New 2001 CE Roc
Fresh 1st run Gator
Beat CE JLS
Beat Star Teebird(marked STB, white)
Fresh CE Teebird
Fresh CE Firebird X
Super beat Star Wraith(pre flight numbers and white)
Slightly beat Augusta Wraith(171)
beat 1st Run Detroyer(171)
Slightly beat 1st Run Destroyer(171)
Fresh Night Shift Detroyer
Fresh Night Shift Boss
All max weight, unless noted, in bright colors when possible(Night shifts in blue.) A black Grip to put them in, and a Gotta Go Gotta Throw GO CART for long days on the course. Also, a Glock 21 because if my bag cost that much I would want to be able to protect it.

Fresh mean slightly used, like 8/10 condition.

It is true, the best bag is the one you throw well. I use multiple Pegasus's in my bag. Most would never tell you to throw them but I swear by them, because they work for me. I can't throw a roc or a buzzz to save my life. But once again there are many who swear by them. I also throw Crush, Team stamp Flash, Prototype Obex, 2nd run opaque Ions (the only putter that has ever worked for me). My bag is based on what works, not what others tell me works. Take time to really learn a disc.

My perfect bag.. opto villain vip sword 4x tourney sword from 160-170, 11x firebird flat XXX 4 strikers 2 opto eagles 1 GL eagle and 1 light standard. Maybe a back up.sexy 11x teebirds Heavy opto saint 170ish natural beauty GL saint, heavy opto skulboy river and 169 GL redshift river. One star gator one GL pain one opto. One or two vip warships one or two tourney warships one GL fuse one test fuse. Stable and understable opto pures a zero pure 2 EZE pures for upshots stable and flippy. Then 2 eze pures for putting. Then a brand new truck and gigantic hovercraft bag to carry it. That would be perfect. Sad thing is I could still think of more discs to add. Id also like a sexy girl to take my score every round

OK I'll play. My perfect bag (rarity and money not being an issue) would be the following:

Putters:

CE Aviar
Star Aviar
2 Soft Bangers, one new one seasoned
2 Glow Bangers, new
Z Zone

Mids:

3 perfectly seasoned DX Rocs, weights 160, 170, and 180g
2 perfectly seasoned Star Rocs, Weights 165 and 180g
Champ Pearly Gator - 175g
Glow Gator - 175g
Perfectly seasoned Glow DX Roc

Drivers:

Opto Trident - 175g
GL Trident - 165g
CE Eagle - 165g
2 DX Eagles - 170 and 175g
2 Opto Saints w/ Skulboy stamps - 160 and 170g
Proline Monster - 175g
2 champ Wraiths - 165g and 175g
Glow Trident (they'd make one for me) - 175g
Glow Eagle - 170g
Glow Wraith - 170g

All the putters would be white with sexy ladies of different types dyed on them by the best dyesmiths around. The Mids would be day glow green, and the drivers would all be neon pink.

There used to be a thread called what is the Honus Wagner of disc golf that listed $1,000 discs. I think that is what you are looking for. unforunately I can not find it, so you don't have a chance :)

Don't waste your money on anything that is not in current production. Today's discs are the best there have ever been, people just romanticize "CE" plastic and "8-9-10-11x" etc. Don't ever spend more than $20 on a disc to throw (unless you feel like charity and there is some sort of fundraiser disc). Besides that, as was said above, if you ask 100 people you will get 100 different answers. My only other advice is to not get too caught up in just Innova/Discraft...Latitude64 and MVP disc sports make discs that are much higher quality on average.
I'll also add that getting too caught up in non-Innova/Discraft can cause similar problems. Evaluate each disc rather than each company. Otherwise I totally agree that buying production discs will be just as good, and way cheaper, than searching out OOP stuff.

I play with guys that have bags full of CE, OOP, whatever.............they still suck

I have seen guy or two with all the neat stuff (used to be me), CE's, KC Pro 10x's, 11x's, champ Rocs, OOP's, etc.

In all honesty, they weren't that bad, but they weren't all that good, either.

Weird discs won't make you a better player, but practice and work will...

I have seen guy or two with all the neat stuff (used to be me), CE's, KC Pro 10x's, 11x's, champ Rocs, OOP's, etc.

In all honesty, they weren't that bad, but they weren't all that good, either.

Weird discs won't make you a better player, but practice and work will...

Guess what I should have said is they don't score any better than me. I'm sure some guys think I suck!!