• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the worst disc you've ever had/thrown?

Just gonna leave this here...

It would be humorous to make a video similar to this, but with a very different disc. Like:

"This guy can throw 500 ft, but not with my Archer....my Archer....my Archer!"
And then see him rip it, so that it immediately flips it over entirely after 80 ft.

In fact (total thread drift here), how cool would it be to see a video of say, Eagle M, Simon L and David W Jr wailing on piles of discs, that most of us normal folks view as super stable, and flipping them like pancakes!

It would be humorous to make a video similar to this, but with a very different disc. Like:

And then see him rip it, so that it immediately flips it over entirely after 80 ft.

In fact (total thread drift here), how cool would it be to see a video of say, Eagle M, Simon L and David W Jr wailing on piles of discs, that most of us normal folks view as super stable, and flipping them like pancakes!

Ha,ha. Make that "whale". No crying necessary, please.

Oh my god, it's so UNDERSTABLE! lol

I'll go with Nuke OS and the Flick. Flick just feels terrible in my hand, and that shallow/sharpness with its overstability feels like it's going to take my fingertips with it. Nuke OS is ridiculous, I could throw a Zone or FAF Firebird as far but with more control, and both of them have their advantages (either less or similar skip).

Anything Franklin/walmart obviously, exception, the putter, surprisingly stable/straight
I found a Mercury Putter. I keep it in my putting practice pile because of it being surprisingly good. Not good enough to bag, but if sometime I was playing a round where everyone was given a random putter to one disc with, I wouldn't feel cheated if that was what I got.

I found a Wolf my third month. I tried it out. Noodlearm, noob me, who could forehand a StarLite RR without any risk of flipping it, couldn't throw that Wolf w/o it flipping. It became a cat dish.

One of the first drivers I bought was a marked down Champ Monarch. That didn't work so well, but very well could have been on me.

Stranded by car trouble w/o discs, I bought a few to use on the local courses, including a Z Flick to take the place of my Resistor. That didn't work out so well, either. What a meathook...and not in a useful way.

GStar Dominator.
Had very little turn until it was mashed on... then flipped like mad. Seemed like it had an on/off switch after breaking 400 feet or something. Little glide and just like sluggishly meandered down the fairway in quite the inconsistent manner.
Also, DX Wraiths are impressively useless.

I agree on the Dominator. For me it was the crappiest Innova high speed driver (other than the Groove) that I've ever thrown. Clunky, glideless and short. Huge disappointment.

I'm also not a fan of pretty much anything blizzard. The plastic has a rough texture and seems like compressed styrofoam. Junky discs that can't handle much power before they corkscrew into the ground.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Breeze. It was supposed to be understable but only showed that characteristic when thrown with 300' power and really wasn't good for anything shorter than that. Glide was right around zero as I recall. Maybe it was the particular disc I had...who knows.

Also, this is an issue with a particular disc itself...not the mold in general. I had a Pro Beast that was a raging POS. It was absolutelty positively NOTHING like the champ beast I had. The Champ version was predictable and it only flew like crap when I threw it like crap. The Pro version...good god...who knows what it was going to do

Last edited:
I didn't have an answer to this until justy this last weekend. Found a champ Mamba at 163g. Threw it twice. It goes so far....

... to the right. Threw if from a 90 degree hyzer, still flipped and went 400' to the right.

Its a toss up. DX Innova Kite. It was just too understable and my lousy technique made it unusable for me. Then there was the DGA Tsunami. Complete opposite end of the spectrum, more overstable than I could use and throw Flicks and Fireballs.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Breeze. It was supposed to be understable but only showed that characteristic when thrown with 300' power and really wasn't good for anything shorter than that. Glide was right around zero as I recall. Maybe it was the particular disc I had...who knows.

Also, this is an issue with a particular disc itself...not the mold in general. I had a Pro Beast that was a raging POS. It was absolutelty positively NOTHING like the champ beast I had. The Champ version was predictable and it only flew like crap when I threw it like crap. The Pro version...good god...who knows what it was going to do

That's nothing like the Z Breeze I had. It was paper plate stable and lots of glide. It was like an uncontrollable Aero.

Hey I liked the Breeze. I'm voting for a champion coyote.. Nothing like a dx one and as unpredictable for me as the Breeze for you. My other choice would have been a 175 champ Boss as a player award, same experience as buddy with the Ape, what was I thinking?

Last edited:
Hey I liked the Breeze. I'm voting for a champion coyote.. Nothing like a dx one and as unpredictable for me as the Breeze for you. My other choice would have been a 175 champ Boss as a player award, same experience as buddy with the Ape, what was I thinking?
There are some less awesome Champ Coyotes out there, but the flat ones are NIIIIIIIIIICE mmm mmm mmm.

Last edited:
Couple for me:

1. Villain- just wasn't a good mold. Didn't have the lat64 glide, didn't have fade it advertised but wanted to drop. I understand d why it went OOP.

This is the one that will get people made at me...
2. Sonic- yes it's for touch shots, yes it's floaty, but it feels like **** in the hand. If you want a lid, at least find one that feels like a real disc.