• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your best shot?

Mine would have to be FH approach/putting, RHFH annys to be more precise, all with my champ Rhyno. I've hit numerous huge putts from off the fairway and behind trees.

I love having that shot in the bag. It's such a soft shot, and it takes so long to fly 50'. But when it hits those chains or stops right behind the basket, it's a good feeling.

Jump/Walk putts from anywhere outside the circle w/a slightly firmer SSS Wizard and I'm mooonnnnnnneeeyyyyy. I'll hit 3+ 35 footers a round on a bad day - being able to sink birdies from that far out has saved my round on more than one occasion, plus the people I play with get super jealous when they miss their putt from the same distance - oh and it's pretty sweet watching it float that far then bang the chains.

Are you stopping at 33'? I'd think it would be hard to do a jump/walk putt from 35' and stop at 33'.

A true spike does not utilize the glide of a disc because Its nearly straight up and down.

Have you thrown a Viper on a spike hyzer? Cause it definitely flies a LOT further than the Gator. I know it's faster, but it's also a lot more overstable.

Have you thrown a Viper on a spike hyzer? Cause it definitely flies a LOT further than the Gator. I know it's faster, but it's also a lot more overstable.

It's not the over-stability of the Viper that makes it a farther spike-hyzer than the Gator, it's the greater amount of glide that the disc has.

Love throwing the ~200 ft FH skip shot with the whippet... I think it's always cool to watch and I can do it with quite a bit of accuracy

I love having that shot in the bag. It's such a soft shot, and it takes so long to fly 50'. But when it hits those chains or stops right behind the basket, it's a good feeling.

Are you stopping at 33'? I'd think it would be hard to do a jump/walk putt from 35' and stop at 33'.

There you go.

How steep is the angle, this video is about the lowest angle I'd call a spike hyzer before just calling it a hyzer. Spikes need to be nearly vertical. (Watch the shoulder planes and follow through)

Spike Hyzers with my Trident. I had a blind league ace with shot and it was simlpy amazing. My hyzer is super consistant so my spike is generally longer than most of the people I play with.

I also really like throwing my Fuse. I throw it flat and it just barely annys, but holds the line the entire time. This is the shot that makes people say what was that you just threw?

Last edited:
Right now mine would be my FH roller. The course I'm playing has two holes that I can park with it while everyone else is taking 3's and 4's I pulled that shot out and war he'd people's jaws drop.

One of two.

1 - Big high forehand Anny Flex shot with a destroyer - Release at about a 30 degree angle and force it left and wait for it to hook up and head right. Great for going over the trees and into the pine gap on Riney B #16.

2 - Forehand roller - I love this shot and use it a lot when I need a hard left finish down a tight path. My backhand sucks which is another part of the reason I like this shot. Veterans Park (Lexington) #1 showed me the benefits of this shot.

Anytime I can throw my Gator in the open. I am very accurate with it and can be very aggressive towards the basket and still land right beside it. I have had more 150+ throw ins with my Gator than any other disc.

And if you aren't familiar with a Gator the shot I look forward to is an open hyzerish shot. I say hyzerish because I am actually releasing the disc flat but I am aimed well to the right and I let the Gator do it's thing.

Never!
vvvvv
I've had a pearly Gator in my bag for years and just recently started using it again. I'm trying to save mileage on my Pro Rhynos. I almost forgot how deadly accurate it is.

Latest posts