• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your binge buy items?

Ions. I'm drawn to the MVP stuff lately.

I usually justify snagging at least one of my favorite workhorse molds from a brick and mortar store if I like how the weights and PLHs are looking. My last impulse buy: Gstar TeeBird

Nice therapy group.

I can't claim to be a binge buyer---I don't buy a lot of anything at one time---but a definite weakness for a good tournament stamp, particularly a full-color one. Which is a weak weakness because (1) if it's a disc, I'm going to throw it, I don't believe in decorations, which leads me to (2) buying and throwing discs I have no use for, just because of the stamp. Put a good enough tournament stamp on a groove, and I'll buy it and, worse, throw it.

Gas. Far and away my biggest disc golf binge expense.

I rarely lose discs, and have a few backups, so plastic is a minimal expense. I don't need much, and already have more than I need.

When the feeling comes over me... about every other year now, I'll put together a new bag of discs that I think I'll like. This includes bag, putters, mids and drivers. A mini, towel and of course... a bottle opener.

The latest one I put together hasn't impressed me. It's OK, but my Vibram rubber and Swedish plastic are just better for me than the Innova/Discraft bag I wanted to try out. Are they fun? Oh yeah. I'll never part with my beat in Star Boss or 150gm Star Valk. The Colts are keepers too. As for the rest... meh. Wraiths, Buzzzs, Rocs and of course Teebirds are always good, but Swords (Arch), Claymores (Ibex), Maces (Obex) and Saints/Saint Pros (Valleys/Ascents) work for me and ***"for some reason" are more comfortable in my hands. ***"For some reason" cannot be explained.

Swirly blue destroyers, I collected them before I realized that the old Blue S/DS were the best run ever. Then I figured out they were the best run ever and continued to obtain said swirly blue destroyers.

Rocs!

I need another one like I need a hole in the head! I just can't help myself though. When I come across one that feels right in a color I like, I just gots to snag it.

Putters...Gateway Voodoo 175g SS with a DD stamp preferred. a little weird yes.

Maybe this belongs in the "Why are DG'ers so cheap?" thread. I don't binge buy any discs. I have the discs I like in my bag, a few water discs in the trunk and a few retired ace discs. If I lose a disc or its' flight changes, I replace it with another as similar to the one I lost as I can find.

5x Yeti Pro's, and I think my local sporting good store has figured me out as a sucker. Every time I walk in there they have at least 2 or 3 on the racks.. UGH WHY!!!!

Latest posts