• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your farthest disc with least amount of effort?

I've got an old 171g champ orc that hyzer flips with only about 70% power for a 350' s-curve... so much glide. Also toss a star 172g TL that when thrown flat with 70% power will go dead straight for about 325' and not fade at the end... disc of choice on many wooded fairways.

Cannons go very far if you can get them to turn over a little. They are not that hard to turn over.

When I took my full bag to the field a month ago, it was between my S-OLF and 170 GL River for around 350'. I'm sure I've beaten that on the course with my 170 champ Boss or 161/167 DX Bosses. I managed to rip a 158 Apache out to 400', but that throw was not duplicated.

I would have to say my roadrunner. Put %60 hyzer on that thing with 70% power that thing just sails with a sweet S curve and glide to around 330ft. Put full hyzer and full power. It does the same thing but 370ft.

But full power throw I can get my BH Star Destroyer to 400. 425 once. So yeah.

Depending on the wind, etc. --- it's either my VIP Warship or Diamond. I can throw both of them pretty far from a standstill.

My new VIP Air King is giving me crazy distance. I can get it out to 350 with very little effort, and am now regularly throwing out over 400. Before this thing the only time I went over 400 feet was brand-new Blizzard Destroyers, and then only with a real crank and some hyzer. Air King, when thrown flat and with decent form is just a rocket. Until there is any headwind, that is.

slightly overstable blizzard destroyer 135g... but Ive had to review 7-8 of them to get 2 good ones that I can throw at full speed and give me a nice hyzer flip back to straight. If I really pull it 450' but usually just over 400.

THE MAMBA!!

I can throw a champion 170g mamba almost 50-75 feet farther then any other disc in my bag with 1/3 the effort in the throw. In fact, the harder I throw it, the worse it is. Nice x-step good snap and a straight arm and it just goes and goes and goes. I'm in love.

Champ Leopard. it has a newfound float so much that i've started using it instead of my Roc for some of my long mid-range shots (350-400') I throw my eagle about 400' as well, but it takes a lot more work to get it there instead of the Leopard...however the eagle takes the wind WAY better than the leopard.

edit: this isn't my longest disc by any means, champ boss and blizz boss get that for sure, but feet per % of my effort, this wins by far.

It is so nice to see all the Fuse love.... I love my Fuse, that thing just goes.... The Fuse doesn't seem to get a lot of credit versus the River and Saint, but you guys have restored my faith in humanity.

I love my Vision.... Too. My two favorite discs in my bag Fuse and Vision...both opto...

Opto vision.

Or maybe 180 g shark(no effort).

Ohh, I love my 150 class GL River. Nothing goes as far as you do.
zzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzz.......!!!!!!.....Huuugh!!!

F@%$ing :mad: alarm clock! Guess I have to get up and get ready for work now.

Snooze........zzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzz........Ohh, I love my 150 class GL River.

Last edited: