• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite disc in your bag!?

My favorite disc is also the one that I've had in my bag for the longest time: A 174 pink z predator, been in the bag for almost 4 years now, and it's still my workhorse overstable disc. Also have a skip ace with it! :hfive:

Like God, I love all my children.
I have no red headed stepchild in my bag right now, everything is comfortingly familiar.
So lets explore what would constitute a favorite.

Should it be the disc you cant replace easily ? Something out of print that is exotic and rare ?

Or maybe the disc thats beat in to perfection.

The discs that I would have a hard time replacing, would be my 11x Eagle brothers, both X and L, my domey CE Gazelle, and my super flippy Northman.

There is no other putter that flies exactly like my FR Chunk VP, it goes straight without the hard fade.
I have tried far too many others in hopes of retiring it, but nothing measures up.

My Sudoku Vulcan, which is pushing my distance farther than ever, after 30 years of playing. (I for one am always happy when a new fast driver comes out, because they do go farther with the same effort as slower discs.)

My trusty flat XD ?
My new SOLS thats a pin seeker, got more metal in its short career than almost all my other discs ?

My Flick, which I trust when the wind makes disc golfing more like a comedy show ?

My Ridge, which I tend to pull for almost everything from 200-40' ?

I wont pick, I love them all, thank you Innova, Discraft, Westside and Vibram. :clap:

Probably my beat in z avenger ss. I can hyzer flip it or throw it level and turn it right a long way. Just great for any line I can shape. I love it. I should go tell it that right now. :eek:

I gotta say my 157 g Champion Valkyrie. I had a DX Valky, lost it in the woods, while looking for it, i found it. Unmarked, it looked like it had never been thrown. So I kept it... I love that disc.

Judging by how many times I've beat the stability out of one, only to lose it and restart the process with a fresh one, you would think I would say my First Run PD, but I think I would go with my pearly Z Wasp. It's been in my bag for over two years and is just now flying like a beaded Buzzz. Despite the hours I've spent looking for it (it's yellow but dyed with red yin-yang fish under blue and purple water making it effectively camouflage in the woods), I just can't take it out of my bag. It also has half of my four aces. Because they're getting pricey, I've been trying to find a regularly priced alternative, and I'm convinced there just isn't one.

This is agonizingly difficult! What to choose?! I've parked more baskets than anything with my trusty yellow BS buzzz, but my max weight pro katanas just go for days with little effort, and how can I forget the trusty pro Rhyno which has done so much for me? All in all, I think I would have to go with the Rhynos. I've been throwing them too long and had too much success for them to be anything but my favorite.

VIP Westside King, because all I can do at this moment is drive. The rest of my game is rusty as I have only been out playing three times. Busy year.

Favorite disk

Mine would have to be my 175 gram star TL. Ive been working on my side arm flick and the disk made a big difference.

The first River that I bought. Its a swirly orange 170 GL that's as flat a River as I've ever seen. I've had it in the bag for about 6 or 8 months and its in its sweet spot right now, and will hold whatever line I throw it on.

A factory second, flat, soft, champion destroyer. Unlike every other destroyer I've put my mitts on.

Pick a Teebird, any Teebird. Or maybe it's my flippy Pro Destroyer. Though I do love my Yeti Aviar's for everything 200' and in. Except when I need to FH, and then I pull out my old Pro Line Rhyno. And you can't really go wrong with any of my 180 DX Rocs. I guess my 11x KC Whippet has been with me forever. And my CE Firebird is super-sweet. My new Star Vulcan is great fun on roller lines.

In summary, my favorite disc? Probably the next one I pick up, which I am sure will knock 10 throws off of my average score.