• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your favorite shot to throw?

(RHBH) I like ~250-270' shot with a low ceiling and a right-to-left wind, rip a Buzzz dead center with just enough anni to not get into trouble, and watch it flex back over the last 50' as it just sits under the basket like a trained dog.

Last edited:
D: FH bomb with just a bit of anny. Can get those out to 400+ and it looks like a low cruise missile.
F: S curve Hyzerflip with my trusty Teebird
M: mid distance flick with my Roc3 or Harp, makes people look twice
P: any approach shot, I'm not an awesome go for it putter but give me a Wizard in 100ft or less and I'll put it in arms length of the basket.
TSS: Has to be my overhead shots, I used to throw tons and tons of them. Before I learned to drive well it was the only shot I had that went over 350.

Now I just use it to go over trees or do some strategic lies. Can still stop her on a dime if I need to.

:popcorn::thmbup:[/QUOTE]

D: big S turn when it feels like you got the most you could from the disc
F: a hyzer ranged perfectly
M: a dead straight Buzzz shot through a tight gap
P: a soft turning shot that slides and settles where you want it

All of the above are BH for me, still noob-hyzering forehands ~200'

Rescue/other: tomahawk that makes it through a high gap and land safely

400' laser beams with a Star Roadrunner down a tunnel.

Low cruise missile annies with a beat Star Destroyer that never hooks up and lands flat.

Super slow flipping turnovers with a worn Pro Leopard.

Big power annies with a worn Star Eagle X.

Nice slow controlled hyzers through the trees with a beat Glo Roc.

Super straight shots with a beat Small Bead Aviar.

Super long putts where you put it on a slight anhyzer and it slowly glides and hooks up right at the end into the chains.

Also any blind shot where you walk up and you're parked.

Stingray thrown perfectly flat that turns and glides for days. Well, 250-300 ft that seems like days cues it's not that fast........ The sweet thing is , you don't have to rip at it to get it to turn

Hyzerflip inertia with a left to right tailwind for a beautiful 400 foot s curve

Long wooded tunnel shots with my alias that just glide 20 feet off the ground forever. I've just recently gotten my form clean enough to do these where before I had to do a more risky hyzerflip laser beam with a faster disk.

With my envy putter I love throwing air bounces that go in or land parked if I'm too far to putt

D: massive spike hyzer, or big turnover
F: super late turnover on a backhand, roller with a dx viper
M: late turnover with comet
P: straight laser beam with yeti
TSS: big hyzer with optimizer that goes left before flipping up and going right into a roller

I love to anhyzer spike understable midranges both forehand and backhand.

Anhyzer spike? Don't they just roll when they hit the ground at that kind of angle?

D: Max distance S-curve with a beat Wraith
F: Ripping into a TB on a slight hyzer release, watching it stand up and come back with that ever reliable TB fade
M: Hyzer with a Comet
P: Either max distance sky high shot with a Yeti, or a lightly thrown laser with a DX Aviar
TSS: OH pancake shot with a putter

D: hyzer flip with beat up Wraith
F: Tunnels with Teebird
M: spike hyzers with Drone
P: pinpoint lasers with Banger
TSS: forehand rollers with Firebird, Buzzz, Drone, Banger (depending on shot)

D: BH King and FH GStar DS
F: 3 escapes all in different wear stages
M: Truth for annys and dead straight and Verdict for Hyzer
P: Warden
TSS: Stiletto

Favorite shot to throw is a flick upshot with my Stiletto into a stiff head wind.

I'll donate some data:

D Hyzer flip.. hands down most satisfying and fun for me.

F flat <275'-300 or flat with fade at the very end if no run up, but end up throwing a plain old hyzer mostly if the hole allows (higher percentage accuracy.)

M Flat with no fade. (favorite and go to if the shot/conditions allow it)

P <70 normal putting stance putt, 75-125 starting to really like sidearm flat shots with overstable putters.
Lids are fun on calm days too at that 70-120 range.
T Sky high knife angle or low and skippy spike hyzers.

If you ever in the Eastern Panhandle of WV I will challenge you to a Forehand Putter round any day. The shot that consistently gets me praise. Nobody else can seem to forehand anything besides overstable drivers. Meanwhile I'm throwing zones on Hyzers, Ridges for dead straight and Summits for late fades to the right. I have dozens of forehand puts from 80+ ft out and only one or tow with backhands.

I dont understand why people cant understand that you can throw a disc the same sidearm as you can backhand. if thrown correctly, it just goes the opposite direction. I pulled out my buzzz the other day on a dead straight 360 ft downhill shot thru a tree gap and a pro in our group's mouth dropped when he saw it fly dead straight as his shot did but with a slight finish to the right at the end instead of left. I feel like i opened up his mind a bit that day to sidearm potential. :hfive:

my shot is my forehand. I am mainly RHBH but when i pull out a forehand i have a lot of people jealous. I am throwing about 400 feet with my forehand when i hit it right. average is about 370 feet.

Driver - i like a big hyzer i can throw with my xcal

Mid - Tunnel with a slight left, warship time

Putter - dead straight 150 feet with an ion, only non-putt shot i don't do a run up for