• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your favorite shot to throw?

I use a pig forehand to get me out of a LOT of trouble situations.....my favorite shot to use with it is a forehand anny shot up high, let it stall, and curve back to the basket, and I also use the pig forehand on longer putts to the basket when I'm off in the rough. Some of my friends hate when I pull out the pig because I have been known to hit some miracle shots from time to time with it, and if it doesn't go in, I'm usually VERY close to the basket

D:hyzer flip Nuke or turnover World
F:turnover slow roll Saint
M:flip up Trident
P:float in Zepplin
TSS:love low skip shots with something over stable or a mid range roller.

D: GL Flow - Flat Downhill
F: TP Underworld - Hyzer Flip/Turnover Woods
M: Z Buzzz - Anything
P: CryZtal Zone - Hyzer approaches
TSS: Star Roadrunner/Z Buzzz - Flick Rollers

D: Hyzer-flipped Wraith bombed
F: Sky BH anny with Amp/AvengerSS/whatever
M: Fuse thrown flat and letting it glide for days
P: Zone anny flick that flexes out.. deadly accurate
TS: Rollers (any way, any direction.. they're just fun)

Q: What's your favorite shot to throw?
A: One that's parked... :D

Kidding aside I love watching a hyzer-flip come up to flat and glide, also love threading annies through an alley of tight trees or getting a disc to follow an S-shaped fairway.

Last edited:
Long nose-up runs at the basket with my Rattler. Sits down right at the basket if I am dialed in.

Destroyer off the tee on hole 3 at Toboggan.

or in general anything that calls for a comet, long turnovers.

Needle threaders. One of my favorite holes plays over a wooded sink hole with a couple of fallen trees. The first 50' or so is fairly open. After that my line is to hit a sliding glass door sized opening that (as the trees leaf out) becomes smaller throughout the summer. In situations like this, premium plastic mids rule.

Lately I have been really enjoying ripping a good drive and getting a good flight pattern out of the disc and just watching that baby fly. I've been working on my form and I think I've made some decent progress so far.

Also I like to throw dogleg left shots and curve around some trees with an overstable disc. It's a beautiful thing! :thmbup:

a: hyzer flip with a stratus that finishes left to right
b: big sweeping anhyzer with a comet (or stratus)
c: that shot where you actually account for the wind

D: Fuzion Trespass on a hyzer; flip it up and let it ride!
F: Big S-curve with a Z Mantis
M: Huge Anny with my beat ESP Buzzz. It goes right for days
P: Long, slightly flexed putt with the Wizard
TSS: Flick with my FLX Drone. Super consistent

D - Hyzerflipped Champ Valk
F - Turnover Pro Leopard
M - Big anny Star Mako
P - Hyzer putt SS Omega
TS - F/H or Extreme Hyzer Champ Rhyno

Here's a video of my favorite shot (turnover) with a favorite disc of mine, an XD.
No this isn't me.

I try to keep it fun any time I can throw a disc, but spike hyzers, thumbers and nose up putter stalls are all extra fun to me.