• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What's your favorite...?

DJ Sticky Feet

Birdie Member
On your drivers, what do you like on them? Favorite plastic? Favorite weight? Favorite color? For example, I like pink/light blue 167 drivers in champ/elite z plastic. What about you?

What an oddly phrased thread. I'll take a stab at it though. I assume we're talking distance drivers here. In that case: 170ish Elite Z Force heavily beat in. Dayglow of course, otherwise it would just disappear into the distance. :p

Max weight, neon yellow pre-avery destroyer that will turn slightly but then come back at the very end. The one I have in the bag right now I was crushing today between 400-450' on my longest drives.

For just awesomeness and not usefulness, blizzard rainbow swirl wraith. It is one of the coolest things to watch fly and I got my first ace with it, but it's no different in performance to my destroyers and for distance, my blizzard boss goes much further

VIP/Champ/Elite-Z/equivalent or better and I'm partial to light green, red, white, pink and weights vary depending on how I plan on using the disc. My Underworld is my go to driver for everything now

quickly becoming my 168g red SPD. sucker is just ridiculous. so glad i bought a second one; white one might not have a home for a while until the red one beats in.

175g star sidewinder, stiff and slightly domey.
But I don't like that they break in rather fast. Well, it's not super fast, but I wish it stayed in the sweet spot longer.

164g S-line TD, I can use it for just about any line over 350'.

For fairways I like DX 170s. (Eagles or Leopards) Unless it's a Viper, then 180. Although, I prefer my XLs in Z or X. So... Who knows? :p

For distance, some sort of champy something. Under 170. Not that my distance drivers go any farther than my fairways. That's why I don't carry any.