• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your most essential DG accessory?

Ice hockey puck works well too and doesn't take up as much room in the bag. Plus a puck is 8 oz. compared to baseball 5 so it has good limb penetration.

Totally! My namesake. Plus you can get them like this:

81aJzNWnlEL._SX355_.jpg

There's a local dude who is pretty accurate with a slingshot, shooting marbles. Got to stay attentive and watch for deflections off the trees. Maybe a little dangerous, but works.

In addition to some of the above I always wear my floppy hat with the neck flap and carry a Sea to Summit head net. When the mosquitoes clear others off the course I have it all to myself.

Towels when wet, bug spray when buggy, hand warmers when cold (fast approaching!)

I prefer 'champ' plastic so the towel is a must, I live in the north west so bugs can be awful, and falls/winters cold (and I cannot putt with cold hands!).

And this (and the baseball) are brilliant... I suppose that's something I should throw into the new B15 (puck, as I have a bunch of those)!

I carry two because I might get the first puck stuck up there as well. They also fit perfectly in the bottom of a drink holder.

The desire to actually play, that should be the 1st on the list, which I don't currently have.

I have played 4 rounds since Feb. 20th of this year...:\ ( but I'm here everyday...??? )

Last edited:
It you don't count a bag...

1) Baseball cap to shade my eyes from the sun.
2) Towel - even when it's dry. I use it to wipe dust & sand off my disc. I don't like to feel anything between my hand and the disc.
3) Disc Gator w/11' tent poles - works well for water, trees, thorny bushes, under fences.

I use those more than anything else I carry.... including insect repellent.

Last edited:
I'd have to say good hiking shoes. I can play with one disc, no bag, hat, stool, drink, or towel. But, I just feel weird if I'm not wearing sturdy hiking shoes.

8 ounce hockey puck, times two: 1 extra pound in your bag? Every round?
That's nearly 2.5 extra Rocs I could carry. Or one more Rainier Tallboy. Bonus, the Rainier gets lighter as you go. Hockey puck(s) stay exactly the same weight.

I keep a very lightweight pair of water shoes in my bag. The kind with the rubber sole and elastic-ish foot pocket. Those things have saved me more frisbees than anything else I carry...and my feet don't get jacked up. Also, a plastic grocery bag to store said shoes in after I have to go in the water.

Selfie stick.

Not just for taking pics but the telescoping arm can help retrieve discs from trees and water. You can also use it to film rounds or pick up your disc from Poison Oak or beat your friend with it.

Latest posts