• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When is it ok to say FROLF

When is it ok to say FROLF? Choose all that apply.

• Total voters
All I know is that Rollerblade is the name of a company yet I never hear anyone call them "in-line skates", and Frisbee is a more household name than Rollerblade, so I have absolutely no problem with calling disc golf frolf. Anyone who does have a problem with calling it frolf is too smug to be playing a sport this cheap. Go hop in your Prius, bust out your iPad and find a more expensive sport to play.

wow just wow

Attachments

• 3on5c8.jpg
    3on5c8.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 8
I don't have a problem with Frolf, my friends, most of whom either play every once in a while or don't play at all call it Frolf. So when I'm talking to them I use it. When I'm talking to someone who plays all the time I use the Disc Golf. And when I'm describing it to someone who is unfamiliar with it I usually say Frisbee Golf, I've noticed it helps them visualize exactly what it is.

I don't understand what the big deal is, call it whatever name you like the best. You could call it Scribblers 8 and it will still be fun as hell. Quit making a big deal out of nothing

The only problem is , you are not throwing "Frisbees". You are throwing discs made for the game, so there is a difference.

I don't correct people if they use the f word but I rarely use it myself. If I'm trying to explain the game to someone and they look confused I tell them that you throw frisbees because that's just how people identify it. I don't really have that much of a problem with noobs saying it, if its their first time playing you don't want to scare them away by being a d!ck about it.