• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When is it ok to say FROLF

When is it ok to say FROLF? Choose all that apply.

• Total voters
I think this thread should have been left to die, if you are a disc golfer say so, and if you are an ignorant bro you won't be on DGCR to learn any better.

Frolf is our N-word. It's only okay as long as we say it.

Frolf is completely unacceptable. :p
"Frisbee Golf" is acceptable when describing the game to someone unfamiliar with it. I know, "Frisbee is Whamo's registered trademark," but people immediately know what you mean.
After you've explained it to them, refer to it as disc golf.

Only when you are a duly appointed agent of Whammo(R) because FrolfTM is their trademark and they will sue you. At least, that's what they said in the demand letter to Ed Headrick, iirc.

I think that people who overreact to the word FROLF are ignorant. So what if someone calls it that, you know what they meant, and I'm sure more people knew what they meant than if they would say Disc Golf. Now shut up and go throw some frisbees and have fun.

I think that people who overreact to the word FROLF are ignorant. So what if someone calls it that, you know what they meant, and I'm sure more people knew what they meant than if they would say Disc Golf. Now shut up and go throw some frisbees and have fun.

What if i told you Katy Perrys song about being gay and not liking boys was about a tool who said frolf... True story

My wife, who has never played a round in her life, agrees. It's DISC GOLF. Period.

Frolf is completely unacceptable. :p
"Frisbee Golf" is acceptable when describing the game to someone unfamiliar with it. I know, "Frisbee is Whamo's registered trademark," but people immediately know what you mean.
After you've explained it to them, refer to it as disc golf.

This is usually how I handle the frolf vs disc golf naming rights issue. :|

definitely never, unless... someone new refers to disc golf as "frolf," and you kindly tell him, it's not frolf, but disc golf

Frolf-never, but Folf used to be acceptable.

...it's acceptable when describing what happens after too many post-tournament drinks.

"First I shot 3 over, then I drank 14 beers and a bottle of Southern Comfort, got the spins and frolfed in the motel sink."

Latest posts