• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When is it ok to say FROLF

When is it ok to say FROLF? Choose all that apply.

• Total voters
and here I thought it was Frisbee Golf.

It's FREEDOM GOLF. What a sack of crap.

And apparently that "freedom" involves the right to inflict serious harm to your fellow frolfer:

4. Inconsiderate Boob Rule - If you walk between the person shooting and the hole, the person shooting can throw their disc at you. If they hit you, they can pick up their disc at either the location of the inconsiderate boob or where the disc landed, whichever is more advantageous to the thrower. If the thrower misses the inconsiderate boob, then the throw is taken as a shot and the thrower must play from where the disc lands.

And apparently that "freedom" involves the right to inflict serious harm to your fellow frolfer:

4. Inconsiderate Boob Rule - If you walk between the person shooting and the hole, the person shooting can throw their disc at you. If they hit you, they can pick up their disc at either the location of the inconsiderate boob or where the disc landed, whichever is more advantageous to the thrower. If the thrower misses the inconsiderate boob, then the throw is taken as a shot and the thrower must play from where the disc lands.
They've solved for that:

Use small rubbery disk as your putter and when social hazards abound. That way, if you hit someone, it just bounces off of them and becomes a reason for social interaction (bonus points) instead of a real hazard.

I have always considered course designers as a "tool for the man" trying to force conformity...yeah that makes as much sense as a donkey cart full of buzzard ****.

I never say frolf but sometimes have to go with frisbee golf when I get a dumbfounded look after telling someone I'm playing disc golf

I never call our sport FROLF but I often call ball golf, girlie-golf :)

I never call our sport FROLF but I often call ball golf, girlie-golf :)

Long-time no see, homey. Welcome back.

On topic: I use frolf like the N-word, only in the company of other disc golfers from my hood. That is our word.

I would never use the term frolf, simply for the fact that frisbee doesn't (in my opinion) make anything worth a crap for disc golf. However, using the factors that created the term frolf. I like for baseball- Rawlingsball since the most known brand is rawlings, and for football it would be willball because of wilson being a popular brand.

I would never use the term frolf, simply for the fact that frisbee doesn't (in my opinion) make anything worth a crap for disc golf.

I have to disagree. Just after I first started playing, I found a Whamo Frisbee disc (PDGA approved) called the "S Driver". It quickly became my fave driver. Good distance, straight as an arrow, no fade. I liked it so much that when I lost it, I bought another one. Unfortunately, I left it somewhere this spring. I won't buy another because now there are other discs that I can throw that do pretty much the same thing for me.

I was gonna post the same question but found it here. Some funny responses and I think I might have found where zenbot started his signature.