• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] When you were first starting out...

Throwing.jpg

:D

Wham-o 86 softie. Driver midrange and putter all in one!

----------------

'twas a Wasp in basic plastic. I think I got it because I was looking for a reasonably-straight mid and fir some reason didn't get/want a Buzz. Just got it back from my brother and added back to the bag. It's really beat and old now, so perhaps its lost all stability.

I started off with a Viking / Shark / Aviar trio and morphed into an all out Gateway obsession within six months. :thmbup:

It was maybe a Gazelle or a Cyclone.
Early on, I didn't really pay attention to the names. I just knew they were different from the frisbee I had first used when I played.

The guys at the disc shop recommended a Magnet, Buzzz, and an XL. I still have two sets of them and I use them as loaners to new players. I have done this 7 times already and have yet to have one lost. My good karma sets. :)

My first two discs were a champ banshee and a sonic. Both were less than stellar first disc choices but I had no advice to go on and ended up using both of them fairly well for a long time. Both have been either lost or broken...:(

My first 2 discs i bought were a champ boss and champ xcalibur. I thought faster and bigger numbers would mean farther drives. Took alot of throwing valks, axis , rivers to straighten out my throw after that

I first was introduced to the sport back in 2001 when my Parents were visiting my sister at Bethel University in Minnesota. They were at the local mall and bought me three discs.. Discraft MRV, Firebird, and a Puttr ..

Unfortunately I don't know what happened to these discs..

My first ever DG round I played with a Wham-o 185gr Beach frisbee.

We had no idea that there were disc golf specific discs.

My first Golf Disc is a Flat Top ROC that I still have. I bought it out of Bob Lewis' van at Gordon Bennett park in the late 80's.

First discs bought at PIAS

DX firebird
DX ROC
St. Aviar

wish I kept that roc! didnt know how good it was as a newb

my first round was played with a kc pro roc my buddy lent me. went out the next day picked on up and a DX eagle. which are now are my go to disc

Latest posts