• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where and what do you write on your discs?

Rugball

Birdie Member
After reading the "found plastic" thread, it occurred to me that people have all manner of inking up their discs. If you go on the Marketplace, people act like you kicked a puppy if you have a disc with ink on the flight plate.

I'll admit when I first started last year I put my name, number and disc weight on the flight plate. Since then I've stuck to just putting my name/number on the rim. Most of the discs I've gotten in trades or sales on the Marketplace have only had rim ink or none.

So what do you all do? No ink makes it impossible to return it when you shank one into the weeds. I've also seen one with "NOT YOUR DISC" all over the back and front.

I write my name, number, and PDGA# inside the rim. If the disc is really valuable to me, I write something about a reward on the flight plate near where my phone number is inside the rim. At that point I'm not ever thinking of trading the disc away, so I don't care where there is ink :)

Depends:

Disc that have been in the bag for 0-3 months = no ink
discs that have been in the bag for 3-6 months = maybe a mark or initials on the rim
discs that have been in the bag for over a year get my name and number on the bottom or rim.

on my Predator I removed "dator" and added "rube" in the same font and same color.

I have seen all of the following written on discs:
Return for a free Beer
BOOBS
pictures of male genitalia

Name and # on the underside of the flight plate. I don't bother with PDGA cuz 90% of the DG public has no idea there IS a PDGA

Name and PDGA# on the inside of the rim. I only do that because I think if Im going to ever get the disc back its going to be from a fellow disc golfer and not a chucker, plus I dont really want random people getting my phone number.

So many chuckers don't even bother to call and just steal your disc, so recently I haven't even bothered writing anything. Normally it's first/last and #, [somewhat] recently I started just initialing instead of my full name - always on the rim. If it is a solid color disc (anything besides champ/opto/Z etc) I have in the past wrote on the flight plate since you cannot see it while you are throwing, but realized that screws me if I ever plan on getting rid of it/them. Before long I came to the conclusion just write it on the rim regardless, it's a lot less tacky/noticeable.

Doesn't seeing the ink through the flight plate bother you when you look at a clear disc? Makes little difference to me now, I literally haven't inked the last dozen discs to enter my bag because nobody ****ing returns them. Sorry to get emotional but that just makes my blood boil - I ALWAYS call. If no answer I at least text, if not text and call again at least once on another day. Why don't I get the same love?? My return/receive is WAY out of proportion I've probably given back at least 8 times (or more) what I have received.

EDIT: I will write dollar signs $$ on an important disc signifying a reward, I'm sure people get the idea.

If i lose a disc and I cant find it I never expect to see it again. I write my info in hopes that one of the locals who knows me is the one who finds it.

Discs I'm testing nothing.

Discs in my bag or in my back-up stash that I plan to use or have used, name and # on the rim.

Favorite discs, name and # over the entire rim or something about a 20$ reward. None of my discs would be worth more than 20$ if someone tried to sell them so I figure give them the best offer they'll get.

name
number
usmc vet
420 reward
all in the inside rim

most come back pretty quick

I'm odd I guess I put just my phone number on the bottom of the plate close to the rim. Only on discs I would like a call on if found.

I used to write my name and number on the rim of all my Discs. After losing several discs and only getting one call back, I've stopped inking them completely. Also nowadays I understand how certain molds are supposed to fly a lot better and haven't lost any plastic in about a year and a half.:)

Name
Number
PDGA #
Dead center underside of the flight plate
I actually write PDGA above my number. Also I only ink 1 disc at a time. I have upwards of 8 back ups of each disc but only ink the ones are currently in use. Just in case I decide to move away from a mold or plastic

Depends on the disc and the day. On the discs I love and use, I write my name and phone number ALL over the bottom and inside rim of the disc so as to make it that much more annoying for some assjack to remove my name. I even have "he that returns this disc to the abovementioned owner shall be bought a beer (or similar beverage)" on a few of my well seasoned and difficult to replace discs. On a few discs I use rarely on a whim, I left off my name and just put "It's your problem now" on the inside rim. This includes my neon pink groove and the beat to sh!t DX beast I found with no name that flips at 30% power on a hyzer.

name and phone number on the inside of the rim.

I think it's a waste of time and sharpie ink. The only people that will return it are the ones that know you.

I threw a new JLS during a tournament in the creek at Towne Lake. I left it to retrieve it later so I wouldn't hold up play. I went back before the tourney was over... no disc. I asked everyone behind me... nope. My faith in the passionate disc golfer has been shaken. Name and cell # were on the disc.

Latest posts