• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where and what do you write on your discs?

My name and phone # in fine Sharpie on the inner rim. Only time I had one returned to me was during doubles, and I had unknowingly left it somewhere and someone just brought it to me. Having your name/# on it makes it much easier for the returner at events like that.

At first my name and number, now... Nothing.

Lost 8 discs with my name and number, never had one returned. Found 8 discs, returned them all.

I'll keep returning discs though because I enjoy the expressions people give memwhen I call them.

Name, number and PDGA # on inner rim. If you go to sell it. Goo gone works at getting the ink faded in the rim. Seems like it is much easier to lighten ink on the rim than on the flight plate.

For the most part I write my name and number on the underside of the flight plate, near where the plate meets the rim. On a couple of my proto Vibrams I have written a reward, but of the two I have lost I have yet to be contacted. I have a friend who has done the same thing, but when I picked up his disc after he left it behind, having used it as a marker, he did not pony up the money when I called him five minutes later (although I was standing next to him at the time).

On some of my more recent purchase, especially the see through plastic like Z, Champion, and VIP, I have put my name on the underwing. If done with big, neat letters, it looks good showing through the wing/ rim.

If it is a new disc that I am unsure whether it is going to go permanently into my bag, sometimes I go a little while before I mark it up. Only if I know for sure if it is going in my bag do I ink it immediately leaving the store.

I write E$ on the inside rim. If i throw a bad enough shot to lose my disc, i dont deserve to get it back.

The first set of disc I owned I wrote name huge on flight plate. Then I found a disc with name and number on inside of rim and it looked alot cleaner then mine so now I write name and number just under rim.

I try to keep it small and neat, name #, on the rim(clear disc) or next to the rim on the flight plate.. I have also went over the disc type, and weight to keep them from fading out completely.. Anyone ever remark the numbers?

Last edited:
name and number on the under side, except my two putters I wrote Chuck Berry on one and Burt Reynolds on the other-I had been drinking!:D

When I'm first trying out a disc I don't write anything in case I don't like it. Then after I'm starting to like it, it gets rim ink. When I love it and never want to lose it, it gets ink everywhere on the flight plate. Usually I write a little note thanking people in advance for returning it. It seems to work well. People have really gone out of their way to get discs back to me...I've had all but one returned to me and that's cuz i threw it in the middle of a lake. If you go after a disc in a lake (that you can't see) I say it's all yours

I suppose I should qualify my original statement. If it's a mold that I'm trying out for the first time, I don't write anything in case I decide to sell/trade it. Otherwise it's just my first initial, last name and work # in the rim. I'm starting to think an e-mail address is a good idea too, especially on discs I know I'm going to throw for a long time like my GL Flow.

I was so bummed when I lost one way out in the weeds that I got another one that same week. I didn't have much hope of it being returned due to the barbed wired fence on that side of the fairway. Not to say that I don't climb it anyway when discs aren't too far inside the fence. ;)

Name sometimes, phone number (on inside rim) on most I'm starting to not care i have only lost 1 disc and it hasn't made it home :(
Will add aces, tourney wins, and weights of the one with stickers

Terry C has a funny method of inking his discs.

In super thick, huge black lettering on the bottom he writes his name, nickname, DGCR name and number, telephone number, email address, and PDGA number. :D :D

He always says something along the lines of "It's fugly, but if someone finds my disc and doesn't return it, I want every bastard he runs into to know it's my disc." :D :cool: