• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are You Going in 2018?

toddnick

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have several travel weekends already booked; should be a good year!

4/13 - 4/15 - Cabin at Moraine State Park (Moraine, Deer Lakes)

5/19 - 5/25 - Cabin at Nockamixon State Park (Nockamixon, Tyler, Sackanac, French Creek, Jordan Creek, Sellersville)

8/31 - 9/4 - Camp at Wells State Park (Maple Hill, Pyramids, 501)

9/5 - 9/8 - Camp at Smugglers Notch (Watch 2018 Pro Worlds)

11/2 - 11/4 - Cabin at Moraine State Park (Moraine, Deer Lakes)

The Memorial tournament in Phoenix. Disc golf, Spring Training baseball and a great time to be out of Montana for a week.

Hoping to get down and play South Carolina again this year. Went down for a 2 day, 5 course trip last year and met a fellow DGCR'er (Streets). I was able to pull a muscle in my shoulder throwing a tomahawk on the third course and unable to play the remaining schedule. I caddy'ed for my buddy and walked some cool courses. Need to get back down there and actually play those courses. We shall see.

I would love to take weekend trips to Paw Paw and Michigan to play a bunch of new courses and drink a boat load of beer.

I'm also trying to fit a trip west to the Seattle-Portland area and would obviously need to play some out there. I have some other friends who want to make the same type of trip (to visit mutual friends) and part of me wants to make my own trip instead since I know they won't care to wait around while I go throw.

When you ask this question in the South, this is more often than not the answer you get...

" To Hell if I'm not careful ! "

Could not resist this post...:D.

Only big event/trip that I have nailed down so far is GBO in Emporia, KS, but there will be more for sure. I'm waiting for a few more of the events to be up on the schedule before I nail down the season.

I'm focusing on finishing 2017 strong: Hobbs Farm, Tyus, Bill Frederick, New World, Langley Pond, Harmon Hills, and Sugar Hollow.

2018 starts fast with Mason and Englewood on New Year's Day.

I'll worry about the rest of 2018 later.

Last edited:
Flying to San Diego and renting a car and hopefully hitting the best across the entire state of California in a 2 to 3 week trip starting in Late January

I'm focusing on finishing 2017 strong: Hobbs Farm, Tyus, Bill Frederick, New World, Langley Pond, Harmon Hills, and Sugar Hollow.

2018 starts fast with Mason and Englewood on New Year's Day.

I'll worry about the rest of 2018 later.

Harmon Hills is amazing! I love getting down there as often as I can.

Upcoming road trip schedule:

March: Finish off the Miami area courses (Amelia Erhart and Orangebrook Country Club)

Mid-April: Langly Pond, Boyd Pond, and the Hippodrome will be the featured courses.

Other trips being discussed: Orlando, Magnolia/Tallahassee, and Jacksonville for day/overnighters. Possible Michigan and Chicago area trips. Outside chance: Seattle. Sun King is moving from Sarasota to Tampa and opening the store on a brand new course and has plans to open up several other new courses around Tampa next year, so I'll be making the 90+ mile drive up there a few times next year. I would also like to play Oldsmar and Showmens again.

We travel a lot and live to bag courses and eat well!

Im really hoping to travel to Wisconsin more and play some of their prized courses.

Mid-April: Langly Pond, Boyd Pond, and the Hippodrome will be the featured courses.

Just to forewarn you: The Hippodrome will be closed for Collegiate Nationals on April 11-14, so you'll definitely want to try to aim for some time after that. Courses will be in stellar shape though!

Langley Pond and Boyd Pond are both super fun courses though, my parent's house is basically between them. Love playing both whenever I'm home.