• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are You Going in 2018?

Just to forewarn you: The Hippodrome will be closed for Collegiate Nationals on April 11-14, so you'll definitely want to try to aim for some time after that. Courses will be in stellar shape though!

Langley Pond and Boyd Pond are both super fun courses though, my parent's house is basically between them. Love playing both whenever I'm home.

Thanks for the heads up. We should be running through there right after that.

Looks like we are FINALLY going to play Magnolia in January and some Jacksonville area courses that we haven't played yet.

I will most likely be in Winnona this year, they have 3 courses 2 good ones. Might make some time with a cousin playing the 2 courses as a 27 hole thing as they are so close to each other, the good one and the Raw Beginner 1986 course or one that would make a good Ace Race course.

I haven't planned all of the specific courses, but I've tentatively got:

- Atlanta area in Jan / Feb
- Trey / Selah around Memorial Day
- Montana (suck, I hear) in August, where I hope to hit Diamond X and whatever else is decent and available.

Flying to San Diego and renting a car and hopefully hitting the best across the entire state of California in a 2 to 3 week trip starting in Late January

Unfortunately, two of the best in California are not playable in January: China Peak and Kirkwood. Sky High in Wrightwood is iffy. As are the rest of the Tahoe area courses. Still a lot of good courses on the coast and in the Central Valley and Sierra foothills, but you are going to be missing a chunk of the best.

Flying to San Diego and renting a car and hopefully hitting the best across the entire state of California in a 2 to 3 week trip starting in Late January

Unfortunately, two of the best in California are not playable in January: China Peak and Kirkwood. Sky High in Wrightwood is iffy. As are the rest of the Tahoe area courses. Still a lot of good courses on the coast and in the Central Valley and Sierra foothills, but you are going to be missing a chunk of the best.

While I personally love, love, love all those Ski Resorts and the Tahoe courses, there are still plenty of great courses in California that are not located on Ski Resorts that are playable all year round --- in shorts with no boots or shovels required.

Here are some Southern courses to consider: Goat Hill, Yucaipa, La Mirada, Oak Grove, Coyote Point, Hart Park (2 courses), Waller Pines, Whale Rock and many more. Do you have any already in mind?

IDGC

DeLa

Four Mound & Farragut

Rollin' Ridge, Wilderness & Highbridge

Hopefully.

While I personally love, love, love all those Ski Resorts and the Tahoe courses, there are still plenty of great courses in California that are not located on Ski Resorts that are playable all year round --- in shorts with no boots or shovels required.

Here are some Southern courses to consider: Goat Hill, Yucaipa, La Mirada, Oak Grove, Coyote Point, Hart Park (2 courses), Waller Pines, Whale Rock and many more. Do you have any already in mind?

I'd love to play all of them but this is also a non disc golf vacation with my wife. I expect to play 1 maybe 2 courses a day but there may be a day or two where I play all day while she does something else. I am also planning to hit the entire state so it will be interesting to see how many I actually play and how far we can actually travel. While I will have 2-3 weeks to do this . . . there will be days we don't move to a new city so we will see I guess.

Planning on going to play US Juniors at Smuggler's Notch this summer, then play as many Northeastern courses I can before I run out of money.

I'm hitting Bill Frederick (Turkey Lake) in Orlando first weekend of the year, then if I do a Tampa run I want to play that new course in Oldsmar. I will be in New England in the early fall, so I will hit some different courses in CT and MA.

Oldsmar is a good choice. The course is mostly complete and their league just started. They have an active Facebook page if you want to check in. I will be at Magnolia on Jan 19th and Jacksonville on the 20th. Also, we are taking a serious look at a Pensacola trip.

must hits on the way to Pensacola
Tom Brown - Tally
The Bear - Alford (10 minutes from I10) has camping

I think that we will save the Tallahassee courses for their own trip and throw in the Perry nine holers and Cemetary Point. I don't know if we can even play all of the Pensacola-Destin courses in one trip. We will probably bang out an Alabama and Mississippi course on the Pensacola trip to notch two new states also.

yeah its not possible unless your in the area for 4 days. At least two days for Pensacola and probably almost 2 full days for Destin Fort Walton. There are plans to add a 2nd course next to the Chaindragon in Freeport. You'd probably want to throw in 1 day swing to hit all the mediocre Panama City course as well. That's an expensive trip.

I think that we will save the Tallahassee courses for their own trip and throw in the Perry nine holers and Cemetary Point. I don't know if we can even play all of the Pensacola-Destin courses in one trip. We will probably bang out an Alabama and Mississippi course on the Pensacola trip to notch two new states also.

Yeah, we'll be up there for a couple/few days, but it will prob take two more trips up that way especially when you throw in the Panama City courses.

Bowling Green for the AMs in April. Been to BG for work many times but have not played any of the courses there.

Hopefully get some new courses in when doing work travel this year.

Oregon and NorCal: Primarily to visit family but I hope to hit some courses
Maine: Also to visit family but lots of nice courses nearby
IDGC
Highbridge Hills
Pittsburgh: Replay a few and pick up some that I missed
Lake Marshall
I-81 in Virginia

Probably won't take all of those trips. Also depends on my wife's work travel. I often tag along and bag some nearby courses. We'll see!