• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are You Going in 2019?

toddnick

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I don't think that it is too early to ask...

I have plans to watch two tournaments live in 2019 (after hitting Worlds and USDGC in 2018)....

Great Lakes Open and Green Mountain Championship...

As with 2018, I will make the trip to Vermont a whole week off...this year I spent three nights in Worcester and hit Maple Hill, 501, Borderland and several other courses before reaching Vermont...next year am planning on Portland, Maine area to hit Sabattus courses and a few others before getting to Vermont..

Have the usual trip to Pittsburgh planned as well...Moraine, Deer Lakes, North Boundary (the last of which I am planning on hitting the first time in early November this year)...

Where are you headed?

I don't think that it is too early to ask...

I have plans to watch two tournaments live in 2019 (after hitting Worlds and USDGC in 2018)....

Great Lakes Open and Green Mountain Championship...

As with 2018, I will make the trip to Vermont a whole week off...this year I spent three nights in Worcester and hit Maple Hill, 501, Borderland and several other courses before reaching Vermont...next year am planning on Portland, Maine area to hit Sabattus courses and a few others before getting to Vermont..

Have the usual trip to Pittsburgh planned as well...Moraine, Deer Lakes, North Boundary (the last of which I am planning on hitting the first time in early November this year)...

Where are you headed?

What are you looking at for courses before you get to VT?

I'll be staying at Bradbury Mountain State Park for 3 nights; current plans are to hit...
Sabattus Eagle
Sabattus Hawk
Sabattus Falcon
Pineland Farms - Patriot
Bittersweet Ridge - North

Am worlds in PA and a trip to Japan where i hope to play at least a round or 2.

I am hoping to go to GBO this year.

I passed last year and have been kicking myself ever since.

It's a great event. I mean the courses aren't the best or most exciting, the courses are kinda meh for the most part, but the event is top notch. There's so much to do other than just the tournament itself and if you throw DD or Trilogy at all you have to play it.

My wife and I will be catching the last couple of rounds of both Ledgestone and Worlds for sure. I have a 4 day weekend the weekend of DGLO, so maybe we'll head out that way and catch some/all of that as well.

I'll also be heading to visit some friends in the southern tier of WNY. I'm on the 90 from just west of Chicago to Erie, PA. Any course recommendations along that route? I live in IL, so I don't need anything recommended in IL. I'd want to something that I can play in 90 min-2 hours tops that won't be crazy physically demanding as I'll be stopping on my drive home. Also, I don't mind driving a bit off the highway to get there (30 min-ish).

The only trips I am set on right now is the Rocky Mountain Women's Championship in Colorado, and will be taking a kid out for Junior Worlds in Emporia. We will definitely be making at least one or two more large trips. This year we road tripped to Cali and I played the Danial Boe Memorial, that trip was a blast.

I promise I will make it to Highbridge in the first half of 2019 as long as it doesn't implode first. I never made time to make it out to Ozark Mtn and now it is on the way out. I really don't want to miss out on Highbridge, too.

I live in Charlotte, NC.

Even though South Carolina is only 20 minutes from here, I've only played three SC courses. So I plan to play more, there, in 2019.

Virginia is under 2 hours away, and I've played exactly ZERO Virginia courses. So that is also a priority.

Ditto Tennessee. I've only played Harmon Hills so far. I need to get back over there and discover more of Tennessee.

I almost never make it farther than Lake Marshall to play (hour and a half) along with at least one trip to Paw Paw a year but Mayflower Hills/Greenfield/Harmon and Nockamixon/Muddy Run/AGA are on my list for some 2 day jaunts. One of these years i'll make it out to Colorado to visit old friends there and hit some courses there. Mother-in-law moved from Brooksville to eastern NC so no more Canyon for me. Nothing in the area of Moorehead City really stands out as a dg destination.

I live in Charlotte, NC.

Even though South Carolina is only 20 minutes from here, I've only played three SC courses. So I plan to play more, there, in 2019.

Virginia is under 2 hours away, and I've played exactly ZERO Virginia courses. So that is also a priority.

Ditto Tennessee. I've only played Harmon Hills so far. I need to get back over there and discover more of Tennessee.

When you're ready to tackle that first item, I can offer a suggestion or two....

Though you better do it before summer hits, when the cool mountains will beckon.

New job with lots of travel involved. I'll try to squeeze rounds in between job sites, wherever work takes me.

2018 has been my second most prodigious year for bagging courses. A DG and national park centric trip to Colorado, along with bagging some courses closer to me has me at 33 for the year and we still have 2 months left to snag a few more.

For 2019 I'm hoping to get down to Augusta/IDGC and Western SC.

Probably bag a few random scattered courses on the shorter more regional long weekend type trips.
Thinking Pittsburgh, St. Louis, or Eastern TN.

. . . Nockamixon/Muddy Run/AGA are on my list . . .

If you can accommodate the restrictive hours, Camp Sankanac is a wonderful course in that area. I loved Nocky, and play Muddy Run whenever possible.

One of these years i'll make it out to Colorado . . . .

Colorado was a ton of fun.

I hope to hit some of the courses around San Antonio and Austin on one of spousal unit's work trips. I would also love to play the I-95 corridor in Maine or the IDGC area (but probably not both in one year).

For semi-local trips I hope to visit Pittsburgh again, and I definitely want to hit Lake Marshall and Richmond/Williamsburg. Maybe some bagging on the I-81 corridor in Pennsylvania and/or Virginia. Eastern Shore of MD/Delaware would be fun, too.

Need to earn a living definitely interferes with frolf time :D

Probably Pensacola in March, maybe Michigan next Summer. Hopefully Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee and take a trip from Miami to Ft Pierce to mop up a few strays and play the new courses that have popped up since our last pass through. I should be well over 100 Florida course played (DGCR, already over 100 actual) by 2020 and might become the #1 all-time Fl courses played (DGCR) leader!

I'm in the process of moving to Fargo, ND, so I'll only be a couple hours away from some great Minnesota corses like BRP and Vision Quest. Besides playing as many new courses as I can, I plan on trying to make it to those in 2019. I don't have any plans for attending or spectating at any big events yet, but may try and make it to the majestic or something similar to get a chance to watch some pro cards.

I dont have any official dates or solid plans yet. However I plan to hit the following at some point between now and dec 2019

The Big Nati courses - Mt Airy, Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge
Charlotte - Nevin and another big name course
Chicago - Canyons
Atlanta 2 or 3 times - at 25% played, work to 40%, Tyus and Mulberry
Nashville 2 or 3 times - at 50% played, work to 75%, Sharp Springs, Naval Hill
Knoxville - Tommy S, The Claytons
Wisconsin - Wilderness, East central WI bagging.
The Smokies - Fontana or bagging 2s and 2.5s
Panhandle FL - Throw with mr butlertron
Mississippi Trip - Jackson?

Last edited: