• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are You Going in 2020?

I think I've got a few more that I haven't checked off on here. Wanna update that too. But I've really only played locally, so it's probably less than a dozen.

You gotta get to the twin cities. You could play 12 in a day.

Niagara Falls in July. Hoping to get Toronto Island on that trip, as well as at least 1 course in NY and PA.

Highbridge and Duluth in September, possibly some twin cities as well.

My plans will be determined by how I feel, physically.

Assuming that we make our annual trip to visit the brother in law in Maine I really want to hit Maple Hill and Sabbatus. Hopefully get to throw in another round at Salmon Falls.

I'll probably be spending some time in Pittsburgh and definitely want to hit up Moraine again, among others.

I'm flying into Memphis tomorrow on a work trip and am flying home Friday night. I'll be busy during the workday, but hopefully will get done early enough to squeeze in a round at least one of the days.

The original plan had me staying until Saturday evening; which would have allowed for me to get a few courses in. Unfortunately it took a while to get the approval to book. By then the flights had skyrocketed and I had to leave a night early to come in within budget.

I was planning on playing Bud Hill or possibly even heading over to Jonesboro Saturday morning, but now that's out the window. There's a decent looking 18 not too far from where I'm staying that I'm hoping to hit up. Bringing extra socks and maybe shoes too. I hear it's been wet.

I'm flying into Memphis tomorrow on a work trip and am flying home Friday night. I'll be busy during the workday, but hopefully will get done early enough to squeeze in a round at least one of the days.

The original plan had me staying until Saturday evening; which would have allowed for me to get a few courses in. Unfortunately it took a while to get the approval to book. By then the flights had skyrocketed and I had to leave a night early to come in within budget.

I was planning on playing Bud Hill or possibly even heading over to Jonesboro Saturday morning, but now that's out the window. There's a decent looking 18 not too far from where I'm staying that I'm hoping to hit up. Bringing extra socks and maybe shoes too. I hear it's been wet.

I'm not too far from Memphis and this has been one of the wettest winters ever. Most of the weather we get, Memphis gets too. However, Friday and Saturday show to be sunny so hopefully it will allow for a round or two. But either way, the ground will be soaked.

I'll be going to Fargo in June. Anyone on here played anything in North Dakota? The 2 in Jamestown are rated pretty decent. That'll be state number 9. MO in July will be 10. Can't wait for Harmony Bends.

I'm leaving Friday to head back down to GA. I have kind of fallen in love with the North GA mountains.

I'm going to backpack The Georgia Loop, a 57 mile loop comprised of the AT, Duncan Ridge, and Benton-Mackaye trails.

But I am not starting that until Sunday. Was going to hit up Cloudland again Saturday morning, mostly to see the rest of the park besides the disc golf (since it was meh and I played it already), and then head over to Westside DGC in Rocky Face, GA. So if anyone is down for a round there, let me know!

If all goes well, I will be done with my hike late Wed, with Thurs/Fri morning to burn before meeting some friends at Gorges State Park on Friday.

So, just checking to see if anyone has any recommendations for NE GA/SE TN/SW NC/NW SC area.

Also wondering what your winter has been like thus far in the area. A couple weeks ago there were a bunch of flood warnings and stuff, but the forecast between now and the end of my hike looks pretty good (knocks on wood).

What's your route from Georgia to Gorges? If you drop down through the corner of SC, you should play Grand Central Station in Central, SC. If you loop north through the NC mountains, Fontana is a pretty good, and very good, course.

I'm 100 miles from there, but we've had all-time record rainfalls this winter, and I suspect it's much the same in the highlands. Which means that low level spots are mushy, but of course hills shed water. Grand Central Station had some extensive flooding on a section of the course recently, but my guess that would mainly mean that the ground is scoured of leaves on those holes. They have solid volunteers up there, so any bridge or other damage is most likely repaired.

I just hope I get to play the course I actually built and run lol

That and I want to get up and play Fox Run. Liked Brewster but I didn't have time for Fox because I was there for work.

What's your route from Georgia to Gorges? If you drop down through the corner of SC, you should play Grand Central Station in Central, SC. If you loop north through the NC mountains, Fontana is a pretty good, and very good, course.

I'm 100 miles from there, but we've had all-time record rainfalls this winter, and I suspect it's much the same in the highlands. Which means that low level spots are mushy, but of course hills shed water. Grand Central Station had some extensive flooding on a section of the course recently, but my guess that would mainly mean that the ground is scoured of leaves on those holes. They have solid volunteers up there, so any bridge or other damage is most likely repaired.

The trailhead is in Suches, GA...which looks like it means Fontana is an hour more driving than Grand Central. I was planning on going that route anyways, so thanks for the recommendation.

re: weather, yeah I am hoping all the rain and flooding hasn't washed out or damaged the trails too much. But it looks to be nice and dry for like 3 days prior to my start and at least my first day on the trail, so that's nice.

Any reccomendations on non-DG stuff in NW SC? Table Rock State Park looks nice.

Not really. I used to spend a lot of time playing in the N.C. Mountains, and particularly in the Brevard and Blue Ridge Parkway areas. Never too much in the SC mountains.

Taking a trip to Alaska in the middle of July. I'll be between Seward and Wasilla. I'll be trying to drag 3 people who are varying levels of less enthusiastic about disc golf than me to as many courses as I can. Thinking about Alcantra: Big Su/Little Su in Wasilla, Peters Creek in Chugiak, Hilltop Ski Area and Kincaide Park in Anchorage, Girdwood, and Seward HS. Would love any feedback from Alaskans.

Taking a trip to Alaska in the middle of July. I'll be between Seward and Wasilla. I'll be trying to drag 3 people who are varying levels of less enthusiastic about disc golf than me to as many courses as I can. Thinking about Alcantra: Big Su/Little Su in Wasilla, Peters Creek in Chugiak, Hilltop Ski Area and Kincaide Park in Anchorage, Girdwood, and Seward HS. Would love any feedback from Alaskans.

Word is no DG at hilltop this summer.

Word is no DG at hilltop this summer.

Dang, looks like you're right. Found this.

It's been a fun time.
Hilltop Disc Golf has provided many great times and wonderful memories in the 9 short years it has been in operation. There were many new friendships made from all over the world, pro and amateurs alike.
If you came to the King of the Hill tournament you became part of our family and will always be considered as such.
I want to thank everyone for all the help and support that has been provided.
However, it is with a bit of a sad heart I must say it is time to end Disc Golf here at Hilltop Ski Area. The course will not be going back up.

I'm working on a bit of history video about disc golf here at Hilltop. If you want to share your stories and or pictures please submit them to me at [email protected].

Thank you for all the good times.

Rick

I wonder why one of the 2 best courses in Alaska is shutting down. Thanks for the heads up.

Dang, looks like you're right. Found this.

I wonder why one of the 2 best courses in Alaska is shutting down. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure. I'm down in juneau so I don't know all the inside gossip just saw on our local "club" page that that had been shared.

My wife and I just made a week long trip to San Antonio. I managed to add 35 new courses in 10 days bringing me to 867 total (although 19 of them were less than 18 holes). Live Oak Hillside was definitely the highlight for me. A typical John Houck gem. It's definitely in my top 50 although probably somewhere in the middle of that group. Nothing else was too spectacular. Graytown and Max Starcke were both very pretty and enjoyable. Northwest Vista College would probably be my "most underrated" in the area. I liked it quite a bit for a 3.30 rated course. Flying Armadillo in San Marcos was a very cool place overall. My wife got her first ace ever after 7 years on the mini course there. That was extremely exciting for her and me!

Heading to Worlds in Ogden UT as a spectator then will hit a few courses down where my daughter lives south of Salt Lake City.
First time seeing a pro tour event live. SOOOOOO Excited.
Then, in July, heading up to a small little town in Idaho called Mackay that is wanting to install a new course. SO Happy to get to be a part of bringing this sport to a small (tourism) community.

Latest posts