• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are You Going in 2020?

toddnick

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
What disc golf related road trips/travel are you planning in 2020?

I've got a few disc related trips lined up in 2020 (I live in Buffalo, NY)...

4/16 - 4/19
- Driving to Pittsburgh for 2.5 days of disc golf...plan on playing Moraine, Deer Lakes, North Boundary, and Big Beaver...

4/30 - 5/4
- Driving down to Cincinnati area for 3 days of disc golf...plan on hitting Idlewild, Mount Airy, Osage Grove, and Lincoln Ridge

6/13 - 6/21
- Flying out to Utah for some hiking, disc golf, and to watch all 5 rounds of 2020 Worlds...plan on playing Solitude and maybe a few other courses

8/21 - 9/7
- 17 night car trip, first 3 nights at Wells State Park near Worcester MA...plan to play Maple Hill, 501, Mountainside, and Webster Fish & Game...then 4 nights near Freeport, ME....plan to play Sabattus, Pineland Farms, Devil's Grove, and Cripps Creek...then 4 nights in Quebec City...plan to play Mount Sainte Anne and Parc des Voltigeurs....then 6 nights in Vermont to throw and then watch Green Mountain Championship...plan to play Black Woods, Brewster Ridge, Center Chains, and Von Trapp...

10/29 - 11/1
- Driving to Pittsburgh for 2.5 days of disc golf...plan on playing Moraine, Deer Lakes, North Boundary, and Big Beaver...

Some of my 2020 travel plans may fail to materialize, but other opportunities often crop up. But I will have to scale way back if my aching plantar fascia doesn't get with the program.

San Antonio and Austin, Texas (February):
Tagging along on spouse's work trip, visiting family, and eating as much Texas BBQ as possible. Main targets:

Live Oak – Hill Course
Flying Armadillo – Gold
Zilker Park
Circle C Metro Park
Roy G. Guerrero.

Tampa, Orlando, and West Palm Beach, Florida (March):
Annual trip to see Nationals spring training (playing the Asterisks, I mean Astros). Main targets:

Taylor Park
Cliff Stephens Park
Picnic Island
Gran Canyon (!)
Bill Frederick Park
Nature Park DGC
Palmetto Trails
River City Nature Park

Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia (July):
With stops in Victoria BC, Tacoma, WA and Salem OR, there should be bagging opportunities aplenty. Looking become an international disc golfer and hit some new (to me) Oregon courses with disc golfing relatives. Wish list:

Shelton Springs
NAD Park
Rainshadow DGC
Layritz DGC (tone course)
Lucky Mud
LL Stub Stewart
Horning's Hideout
Buxton Woods
Adair Park

Highbridge Hills (September):
Besides the Highbridge courses I hope to bag around Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Lake Marshall (tbd):
This could be a day trip, but I've been holding off until all 18 holes are playable on the Lions course.

Pittsburgh (tbd):
Played the Worlds courses in 2015 but looking to add:

North Boundary
Linbrook
Two Mile Run

Virginia and North Carolina (tbd):
I'd love take a long weekend drive down I-81:

Walnut Creek
Mayflower Hills
Keeley Park
Deep Creek Dreams
Rockness Monster

Looks like I will be going to Oregon for the Wheelchair Games (and maybe BSF if I can get in) in early July and to Tennessee for Masters Worlds in late August.

Started 2020 by playing Holler in the Hills and The Goat Path (on the back end of a 16 course trip over the holidays.

Every year, my son and pick a Tiger road game to see a different ball park, and we always hit a few courses. This year it's Fenway, with Maple Hill, Pyramids, and 501 on tap...maybe some others.

This will be our 7th ballpark/DG roadie. Seen some great ball parks, and a lot of fun courses.

That's the only trip I'm 100% certain of, but I've also been thinking about a trip to pick off the top 3-4 ranked courses in Indiana, as several of them are fairly close to each other, and not too far a drive.

Last edited:
Currently 43 States ...

As of 1/1/2020, have played 43 States, including everything East of the Mississippi, and Hawaii.

If I travel as planned/hoped, will add:
  • New Mexico
  • Montana
  • Idaho
Leaving:
  • Alaska
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota
  • Iowa

Maybe a 2021 trip will be to the Badlands, and vicinity.

Not sure when I'll catch Alaska - maybe a cruise when I turn 60 in 2022.

Maybe a 2021 trip will be to the Badlands, and vicinity.

Badlands is a cool place to visit, disc golf or no disc golf.

But of course there shall be disc golf. :D

If everything goes according to plan and my health permits me, my big trip this year will be up to Flip + Ludington area then take the ship across to Wisconsin to play Rollin Ridge... Two top ten courses in one easy swing! On a sad note, it looks like I will have to bow out on my crew's Feb trip to Pensacola as my recovery from a recent car accident continues.

April 2020 Easter Week - planning the Old Geezer's Spring Disc Golf trip to Georgia for the 3rd time (first two trips were to the Augusta area - HAD to play IDGC)

This 5 day trip will be to Douglasville / Lithia Springs area, just west of Atlanta. Have to play Hobbs Farm Park!!

Also plan on bagging Deer Lick Park, Frog Rock, Oregon Park, Boundary Waters Park, Dog River, White Oak, and Hunter Memorial Park, and if there is any time left after all that, I would love to play Perkerson Park again.

With stops in Victoria BC, Tacoma, WA and Salem OR, there should be bagging opportunities aplenty. Looking become an international disc golfer and hit some new (to me) Oregon courses with disc golfing relatives. Wish list:

Shelton Springs
NAD Park
Rainshadow DGC
Lucky Mud
LL Stub Stewart
Horning's Hideout
Buxton Woods
Adair Park

Just a heads up about Victoria disc golf. Layritz is a notch in the course bagging belt and that is all. If you have any time while in Victoria it is absolutely worth the time to take a 25 minute ferry ride over to the legendary Golf Island Park on Pender Island or over to Salt Spring Island to play Hart Memorial (tones) or the Salt Spring Island Golf and Country Club which is by far the best course in the area IMHO.

I've got a little course up at my place which is about an hour from Victoria. Mix of tones and baskets but with killer views and challenging terrain. I'd be happy to show you around if you've got the time!

Last edited:
Some of my 2020 travel plans may fail to materialize, but other opportunities often crop up. But I will have to scale way back if my aching plantar fascia doesn't get with the program.

San Antonio and Austin, Texas (February):
Tagging along on spouse's work trip, visiting family, and eating as much Texas BBQ as possible. Main targets:

Live Oak – Hill Course
Flying Armadillo – Gold
Zilker Park
Circle C Metro Park
Roy G. Guerrero.

Tampa, Orlando, and West Palm Beach, Florida (March):
Annual trip to see Nationals spring training (playing the Asterisks, I mean Astros). Main targets:

Taylor Park
Cliff Stephens Park
Picnic Island
Gran Canyon (!)
Bill Frederick Park
Nature Park DGC
Palmetto Trails
River City Nature Park

Shelton Springs
NAD Park
Rainshadow DGC
Lucky Mud
LL Stub Stewart
Horning's Hideout
Buxton Woods
Adair Park

Highbridge Hills (September):
Besides the Highbridge courses I hope to bag around Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Lake Marshall (tbd):
This could be a day trip, but I've been holding off until all 18 holes are playable on the Lions course.

Pittsburgh (tbd):
Played the Worlds courses in 2015 but looking to add:

North Boundary
Linbrook
Two Mile Run

Virginia and North Carolina (tbd):
I'd love take a long weekend drive down I-81:

Walnut Creek
Mayflower Hills
Keeley Park
Deep Creek Dreams
Rockness Monster

See above

Just a heads up about Victoria disc golf. Layritz is a notch in the course bagging belt and that is all.

Yes, I agree that Layritz looks like a notch rather than an epic disc golf experience lol. Wife and I will be traveling together so I'm not sure how much disc golf time I'll have on that leg of the trip. I know she wants to see some of the gardens around Victoria.

If you have any time while in Victoria it is absolutely worth the time to take a 25 minute ferry ride over to the legendary Golf Island Park on Pender Island or over to Salt Spring Island to play Hart Memorial (tones) or the Salt Spring Island Golf and Country Club which is by far the best course in the area IMHO.

Thank you for the recommendations! I would love to ferry out to one of the islands but we will see how schedule negotiations work out (I'm already lobbying for Lucky Mud, Horning's, etc. on the way to Oregon). :rolleyes:

I've got a little course up at my place which is about an hour from Victoria. Mix of tones and baskets but with killer views and challenging terrain. I'd be happy to show you around if you've got the time!

Nice! Your kind offer is greatly appreciated, and I will keep it in mind when we are putting together out schedule. Thank you! :thmbup:

I'm going to be in south central Kentucky for a week in May or June. And in September I'll spend about 7 days fly fishing in Superior, Montana.

If anyone knows any good courses I'd love to check them out. I'm new to the sport so anything different is good!

Lake Marshall (tbd):

might happen as soon as this spring... 15 pretty much done and work under way on the last 3...

I also have an as yet un-named one near Gordonsville VA (home of the Barbecue Exchange which is worth the trip in and of itself) that will be a destination course for sure. That one should open in May.

might happen as soon as this spring... 15 pretty much done and work under way on the last 3...

That is excellent news!

I also have an as yet un-named one near Gordonsville VA (home of the Barbecue Exchange which is worth the trip in and of itself) that will be a destination course for sure. That one should open in May.

More excellent news, please post information when appropriate. Looks like your Gordonsville VA course would fit nicely into a Walnut Creek loop, since I still haven't played there or Meadowcreek Gardens.

And any place called Barbecue Exchange is worth checking out. :D

Going to see family in Columbus Ohio. What should I play? I know the reservoir on the river is popular. OSU looks fun. Anything else in the area I should play?

I probably won't get to do too much dg travel....but ideally ill make the 3 hour trip up to Highbridge. Also, being only a little over an hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul region, I'd like to bag a few courses over there.

My course bagging is in its infancy...but it's gotta start somewhere!!!!

I probably won't get to do too much dg travel....but ideally ill make the 3 hour trip up to Highbridge. Also, being only a little over an hour from Minneapolis/St. Paul region, I'd like to bag a few courses over there.

My course bagging is in its infancy...but it's gotta start somewhere!!!!

oh you seriously only have 6 bagged

Latest posts