• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

According to Udisc, Camden II is set up very long...
Hope it that way when I get there.
7200 feet, par 62.
Not alot of deuce opportunities for me.

Looking forward to the beat down.

Gonna leave the cart in the car, which also means really scaling back on discs in the bag.
Forecast looks hot, hot, hot which means lots of h2o.

If you can throw 250 you'll have several chances at a deuce. You may actually score decently well there. Other than hole 17 which didn't yield a single "birdie" at the Rumble, most holes don't play super long, it's more technical with tight lines and elevation, rather than shear distance.

If you can throw 250 you'll have several chances at a deuce. You may actually score decently well there. Other than hole 17 which didn't yield a single "birdie" at the Rumble, most holes don't play super long, it's more technical with tight lines and elevation, rather than shear distance.

Not buying that as a par 3...

500+ and basically a flat hole...

Even in my "prime" twenty plus years ago, I don't think I am deucing that...

Dry Creek 3.5 and Scrapyard 3.5 south of Charlotte yesterday and now today short Hornet's Nest 4.5. I'm almost 60 and am exhausted. Stumpy and/or Diavolo for the 3rd time (in my top 10) later this week if I can recover. Dare I squeeze in The Crossing and/or Keeley along the way?

Ended up playing Stumpy on Weds and Diavolo today (Thur), what a great decision.

Not buying that as a par 3...

500+ and basically a flat hole...

Even in my "prime" twenty plus years ago, I don't think I am deucing that...

Agreed, I haven't even gotten into C2 look before. It does slope from left to right, so sometimes you can get a little extra flex from that, but there are plenty of trees left, right, and in the middle. Holes 13 or 6 are both a lot more deuceable than 17, and they are labeled as par 4s, so it evens out I suppose.

Played 4 nine holers down by Peoria today. Stopped at Three Sisters Park first and threw hole 1. Couldn't find a basket. Walked hole 2's fairway. Nothing. 😠

We bailed after that. Played some middle or elementary school that's not on here yet. I'll add it in a bit. Pretty standard school stuff. Then we hit Northwood church, Peoria YMCA and Alpha Park. Nothing special. It was stupid hot out though, so I was fine with just hitting a few 9's.

Highly recommended on both counts!

Completed my Marquette tour today.

There's a new UP niner on the way up 25 minutes outside of Ishpeming/Negaunee literally off the highway. It's called Boulder Alley https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=14050

Pretty interesting course. Still very new but hole 6 was a very unique hole. Gotta literally throw UP a huge rock.

There's a new UP niner on the way up 25 minutes outside of Ishpeming/Negaunee literally off the highway. It's called Boulder Alley https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=14050

Pretty interesting course. Still very new but hole 6 was a very unique hole. Gotta literally throw UP a huge rock.

im glad thats finally playable

im hoping to make my way out there again this summer

Played Northwood Black in Peoria yesterday morning. Man that course is an ass kicker. So much fun though. Then we hit up the Chains, Lake Pittsfield and Twin Pike YMCA on our way to STL. Lake Pittsfield is an excellent gem of a course in the middle of nowhere. So much fun.

We had an 11 am tee time at Eagle Crossing this morning. Holy crap!!! What an awesome course. Definitely lived up to expectations. Apparently they're in the process of putting in a second course that should open later this year too. Supposed to be more wooded. I'm excited to do what that's all about.

Played Warrenton pool park afterwards and really enjoyed that one too. Almost entirely wooded, par 3 golf. Beat the rain by less than 5 minutes too 👍

^I thought the Warrenton Pool course was a ton of fun. Hope you check out Jefferson Barracks the Bunker while you're near... I played the Preserve yesterday. Temps in the 90's caused us to bail after 2 rounds. The golf is boring but I think it is a pretty property worth checking out.

Road trip update:

17 new courses
4 new states (NE, WY, SD, ND)
4 state #1 courses (IA, NE, SD, ND)
1 DGCR top 25 (Wildcat Bluff)

So far icie after playing has kept the balky knee tolerable. :rolleyes:

We have actually used the camper van for camping, too. :D

Last edited:
^I thought the Warrenton Pool course was a ton of fun. Hope you check out Jefferson Barracks the Bunker while you're near... I played the Preserve yesterday. Temps in the 90's caused us to bail after 2 rounds. The golf is boring but I think it is a pretty property worth checking out.

im so sorry

Awesome!! I am excited to check that one out. I still have not decided if this year's UP adventure will be late September again, or sometime before that. I'm pretty sure it won't be after that, haha. How did you enjoy the rest of the area?

There's gonna be a brand new resort course that has those cool iron artwork baskets but I don't think it'll be done until next year.

https://www.patronicity.com/project/dead_river_disc_golf_center__buck_buchanan_memorial_course#!/

I *think* you are talking about two different courses here, though I am by no means an expert.

My understanding is that the one you linked is going to be next to Powder Mill. And that the other one with the iron artwork baskets is going to be at Marquette Mountain resort.

So another one to add to the wish list. :D

Last edited:
Awesome!! I am excited to check that one out. I still have not decided if this year's UP adventure will be late September again, or sometime before that. I'm pretty sure it won't be after that, haha. How did you enjoy the rest of the area?

I *think* you are talking about two different courses here, though I am by no means an expert.

My understanding is that the one you linked is going to be next to Powder Mill. And that the other one with the iron artwork baskets is going to be at Marquette Mountain resort.

So another one to add to the wish list. :D

Oh wow I didn't realize that and that also makes me happy because I definitely want to go back up there even if it's to just hike and replay a few courses. At least now I have an excuse to plan another trip for next summer.

I'll be in the Salt Lake City area starting this Thursday and will be there through the weekend. If anyone sees this and wants to play a round, hit me up!

Finally got a good, solid day of course bagging on this trip. The clouds were out so it wasn't like an oven out there.

Played 6 courses, 79 holes.

Konarcik Park-18
Meadowridge DGC-9
Watson Trail Park-9
Unger Park-18
Paul A. Schroeder-18
Bluebird-9 (with Tyler J)

Lots of solid wooded golf which is my preference. Konarcik is really good and probably underrated or at least not talked about as much as it should. Unger and Paul A. Schroeder are both solid tight woods golf for the majority. Watson Trail and Bluebird like shorter versions of those. Meadowridge was whatever. Only regret was playing Bluebird last. It felt like I was in West Virginia again :p

My instant review of Harmony Bends:

7n2zzj.jpg

Me and the boys loved it! Looks like my review put it back to #1!

Oh man that graphic tickled an ancient memory in my head... <3<3<3

Had to look it up but then it was crystal clear!

Forgot to mention but I played Sandy Point again for the first time in a few years and they actually had all 29 holes in.

Throwing directly next to the lake, I was realllyyyy hoping I'd shank it so I'd have an excuse to go for a quick swim but I ended up throwing a perfect laser beam all the way down instead of my usual misfire. That's actually the first time I've ever played the last few holes and I hope they make this a permanent thing during the summer.

Forgot to mention but I played Sandy Point again for the first time in a few years and they actually had all 29 holes in.

I wonder if they're making that a permanent thing. I've never played those holes yet. They used to be closed from Memorial day to Labor day. That'd be awesome if they did that.

Latest posts