• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2024?

Been doing a DG - minor league baseball trip to Cedar Rapids the last several years. Love to go again, but thinking a return to Preserve and more Twin Cities DG might be the ticket, Can get my MiLB fix in St. Paul, or the Northwoods summer league.
I went to a Saints game last year, was good times. That stadium downtown is pretty neat.

Are you talking about Evergreen Flyways in Baytown? If so, then yea I'm pretty bummed I never got to play that one. I had a good group of friends from Baytown who I haven't seen in years but there's always Jenkins Park which I heard is a solid 3/3.5.

The OG Jack Brooks course is the one I got my start playing and I really can't wait to come back and play it again. I absolutely hated the newer second wooded course they added but now that I'm somewhat decent and have had plenty of wooded practice living in Wisconsin, I'm sure I'll love it.

I remember my friends debating if we all should drive across town to TC Jester but we decided against it and ultimately went and betted on greyhounds then went to Jack Brooks right next door lol.
Yea, evergreen.

not sure where the picture I took is, this is one posted here

Been doing a DG - minor league baseball trip to Cedar Rapids the last several years. Love to go again, but thinking a return to Preserve and more Twin Cities DG might be the ticket, Can get my MiLB fix in St. Paul, or the Northwoods summer league.
You can play the new Shaver park next time you are in Cedar Rapids. Blows the other courses in that city away.

You can play the new Shaver park next time you are in Cedar Rapids. Blows the other courses in that city away.
I played it once before the derecho and it's been sad the last couple years or so. Hmm, that is tempting.

Hoping to do a couple weekend trips to check out Lake Marshall finally, and then the western side of VA to check out New London and other courses in that area. Then really want to do a week up in the Northeast to check off some bucket list courses and breweries.

Too bad - you could have bagged a bunch of new states from Wilmington, DE.
Would very much like that, I'm trying to figure out how to make a work trip in that area happen. If I can go to Maryland or DC and get a car I feel like 3 states in three days is possible.

Have to plan where #1000 will be...sometime this month, I'd assume.

Only other concrete plans are Ireland in June. Would love to knock out the lower 48 this year....only need NM, ID, WY and MT.

DiamondX would be nice for #1000, and you could bag WY on the way. Maybe Caliber and ID if you don't mind a little driving. :)

Or you could fly to MD and play something besides Victory Street. ;)

The rule is though if you're playing in Idaho or Utah you have to contact me and let me guide you around and feel important. :D Besides I want another reason to drive out to Caliber again.

Goals for 2024 include bagging 100 new courses and completing 50 "states." Need Utah and Nevada to complete the lower 48, plus I already have Alaska and BC.

At this stage all plans are subject to change, health, etc. 🤞 That said, here are some possibilities:

Big trips:

We have discussed driving to Oregon and back. Friends, family, and lots of good courses are along the way, plus bagging Utah would be a bonus.

I would also love to squeeze in a couple-few airplane trips to hit new areas. Lake Tahoe is an option, as is Alamogordo NM or perhaps even the Canadian Maritimes.

Local bagging trips:

Eastern Shore of MD/DE: Ideally break this into two trips – north of the Bay Bridge before mosquito season, and south in early September so I could hit the beach. It has been way too long since the last time I bodysurfed. 😁

Richmond to Norfolk: Probably the highest concentration of un-played courses within reasonable driving distance, but for some reason I have never bagged this area. Could be combined with the Eastern Shore south trip via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.

New York City via Connecticut and Massachusetts: Not the most direct route, but lots of good courses along the way.

Altoona to Pittsburgh: Filling in a cluster of courses I missed on previous trips.

Mrs. Mono has become obsessed with fusing glass. We might visit glass-related points of interest within reasonable (or maybe unreasonable) driving range, preferably with occasional stops for disc golf.
Goddamit.....you ARE my hero. 😍

I have hotels booked and Vacation days in place for Louisville KY and such in April. Mammoth Cave visit squeezed in too. This one is official now.

Still planning on Oregon, just in June now. That's the next item on the agenda.

DGCR Minnesota meet up in July should net me some additional courses, hopefully Mont Du Lac finally too.

There's some other ideas I'm tossing around in the brain box.

@sillybizz
Plotting Austin Powers GIF

I have hotels booked and Vacation days in place for Louisville KY and such in April. Mammoth Cave visit squeezed in too. This one is official now.

Still planning on Oregon, just in June now. That's the next item on the agenda.

DGCR Minnesota meet up in July should net me some additional courses, hopefully Mont Du Lac finally too.

There's some other ideas I'm tossing around in the brain box.

@sillybizz
Plotting Austin Powers GIF

Salt Lake City? The Fort, Solitude Mountain? All great courses. @playrecords and I are probably doing Moab in October and that is a place all disc golfers must play before they die, come join us!

Salt Lake City? The Fort, Solitude Mountain? All great courses. @playrecords and I are probably doing Moab in October and that is a place all disc golfers must play before they die, come join us!

That sounds yummy, but that wasn't what I was getting at. I may be in your area, Potatoland, in the fall though. I don't have that planned out that far yet. My biggest trips tend to be in late summer/early fall. Trips of that caliber need to be pretty epic. Those are the motherlode trips for us each year. ;)

If you're luring me to SLC you stand no chance of winning ROTY in 2024. You need me to be in Montana.

Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

I suppose our first 2024 trip will be driving back from Los Angeles to MD. Hoping to knock out a couple of state #1 courses (Trey Deuce in TX and The Rez in MS) in between visits to friends and family.

Also hoping to hit Ft. Stockton, Kimble County, The Zip, Zilker Park, and maybe Wells Branch in TX, Westside in GA, Warrior's Path - Lakefront in TN, Wilderness Adventure in VA, and as many other short but fun courses as we can cram in along the way.

But sometimes getting home wins out over bagging towards the end of a long trip. 🤷‍♂️

I really need to get down to Idlewild this year. I could swing by Sunman, IN on the way down for Cedar Grove too.

Latest posts