• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Where do you buy your discs?

Where do you buy a majority of your discs?

• Total voters
yeah plus if you dont talk to the gggt staff they think youre stealing discs.

btw i hid a bunch of nice yellow rocs somewhere in the store....

First time I walk into this PIAS and start looking through the disc golf selection, this employee walks right by me and gives the stink-eye. Yeah I said it. The stink eye. Like I'm a no good disc golfer getting ready to steal everything ya got. With as much money as I tend to spend on disc golf gear, this guy couldn't of made worse decision. That is why I prefer online retailers. Takes the akward human interaction out of play.

First time I walk into this PIAS and start looking through the disc golf selection, this employee walks right by me and gives the stink-eye. Yeah I said it. The stink eye. Like I'm a no good disc golfer getting ready to steal everything ya got. With as much money as I tend to spend on disc golf gear, this guy couldn't of made worse decision. That is why I prefer online retailers. Takes the akward human interaction out of play.

I saw a kid steal a disc from play it again sports one time. I was giving him the stink eye, but no one there seemed to care. Seriously.

*was it you?

I just did a quick breakdown of places I've bought a disc in the last 12 months;

6 different PIAS stores in 6 states
GGGT in person x2 online X1
MST online X1
Academy x1(had a special on Z Buzzzes for $10 and I wanted to try one)
Salient online x3
Prime discs x2

Since I've gotten back into DG (6 months or so now) I've bought from:

DD 3 times
Marshall Street 2 times
RDG 2 times
Phantom 1 time
PIAS 1 time

the rest has been on this board. I'm a sucker for free shipping, that's why I went to DD more than anywhere else.

The fact that the Marketplace here on DGCR wasn't included in the poll tells me a lot about why brand new, premium plastic discs under $11, shipped, don't sell...

I buy from DGC online more often because of the free shipping and good prices. I like to support local as well, but I split between a couple local shops, so DGC technically gets more of my business. We don't have any local PIAS anymore. I used to buy a lot of used discs from there.

I trade discs I find, buy sometimes from two locals. Disc dawgs and horsebridge Dg course( hb sells used discs). Tournaments I usually get stuff. But any big purchase it's all about innova pro shop. 20% off x outs and free shipping. Usually buy 10-12 x outs at a time for about a hundred maybe less if I get putters or echo star.

Hyzer Farm for me - can't beat their packaging. Sometimes you can't open their packaging either! Lots of tape, protector bags and cardboard support/frame. Let your mail guy try to mess that package up! And I love the general layout, though he could be better about updating disc pictures - eg, a lot of pre-#'s pics for current run discs. Got some pretty sweet, rare color PPDs from him, and lots of star Teebirds over the years!

I use both Dynamic and DGC. I would use Dynamic becuse I can get an order in two days even when you had to pay shipping. With their move to free shipping makes it an easy choice.

DGC has had a good selection, a nice website, free quick shipping always, so I use them too.

I have been checking and will be trying to support Rob and his new venture Thirdcoastdiscs.com when disc shopping in the future. Nice to see good pics of the actual disc AND the stamp of your purchase. He has gone to free shipping now and the ship time is also only two days to get new plastic from TX to MS :thmbup:.

Last edited:
PIAS gets most of my business because I throw Rocs, TBs and Destroyers And don't like to buy them online. I also love digging thru the used disc pile for gems.

Disc golf values, the Innova Pro Shop, and Marshall St get orders from me when I do go online. Haven't used Infinate yet but like their system.

Hyzer Farm for me - can't beat their packaging. Sometimes you can't open their packaging either! Lots of tape, protector bags and cardboard support/frame. Let your mail guy try to mess that package up! And I love the general layout, though he could be better about updating disc pictures - eg, a lot of pre-#'s pics for current run discs. Got some pretty sweet, rare color PPDs from him, and lots of star Teebirds over the years!

That would be Scott papa right? My best friend likes his eBay store a lot.

Latest posts