• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is David Wiggins Jr.?

His dad is a doctor and pretty sure Jr was planning on a similar career route. Back in the DGR days his father would post, vaguely remember him saying any pro winnings were going towards college.

If he's in NOLA and likes to fish I'm guessing he's spending his free time around Grand Isle, LA. It's redfish season right now.

A top pro angler can make anywhere from 50k-500k a year. Maybe he's looking to go pro.

His dg style reminds me of Guthrie, but Guthrie has a much better short game imop.

Ever since that last big D event where he reclaimed the title from Simon it seems like he's largely moved off DG.

A top pro angler can make anywhere from 50k-500k a year. Maybe he's looking to go pro.

His dg style reminds me of Guthrie, but Guthrie has a much better short game imop.
Makes sense. Gurthie has been touring for most of 10 years, whereas Wiggins essentially stopped trying to develop as a player when he was 20 years old.

He's building boats. Maybe even living on a boat, if I remember correctly from when I saw him in 2018.

Little Wigg is studying Marine Engineering (and if I remember correctly, was on track to graduate this year) and is/was living on a boat (instead of in a dorm or apt) that he bought and has been renovating/upgrading (applied engineering) since he started college.

Necrobump, but it looks like Wiggins is on the final card for round 1 of TDTM tomorrow, along with Paul McBeth, Charlie Goodpasture and Nate Perkins. I think I heard Terry Miller thediscgolfguy would be filming. I hope so!

He's been playing a few tournaments out here in Louisiana, frequently shows up at any tourney close enough to New Orleans

I remember watching Wiggins on McFly So High (back when he was bringing us good NC/SC disc golf) and being impressed with his ability to yeet an old Champion Rhyno like 400 ft.

From the tourneys I've watched and the times I've seen him in person, it was actually his inaccuracy off the tee that prevented him from the highest echelon. While blessed with ELITE max distance potential, it didn't seem to translate to elite shot-shaping and placement. He is a ton of fun to watch however and his putting is roc solid as well. Would be cool to see him back on the tour again.

Latest posts