• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where is Larry Pearce?

airhockey21

I was at the Seneca Creek disc golf course last thursday. One of my discs ricocheted off a tree at Hole 3 and I spent a good 1/2 hour looking for it when I came across a lost disc. The disc had a PDGA # and some initials on it. It was already dusk and it was time to leave. There was nobody around to ask if they lost a disc so I bagged the disc with the intention of finding it's owner. When I got home I Googled the PDGA #. It was #25410 belonging to Larry Pearce. On the PDGA website it says that the player's PDGA membership is not current. Upon further searches I could not find anything current on Larry Pearce on Google, FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. So this is where I thought this forum with it's plethora of DG resources might help me find Larry Pearce.

I will be happy to return this disc to it's rightful owner if someone could find a contact number or email for LP. Maybe he is a member of this site and someone knows his handle? The disc does have a rare stamp on it so if the real Larry Pearce is found and he can describe what disc he lost (color, disc brand/name, weight, stamp, and initials) then I know it is him and will return it.

Help a fellow disc golfer out!

When I got home I Googled the PDGA #. It was #25410 belonging to Larry Pearce. On the PDGA website it says that the player's PDGA membership is not current. Upon further searches I could not find anything current on Larry Pearce on Google, FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. So this is where I thought this forum with it's plethora of DG resources might help me find Larry Pearce.
Just my suggestion, but if I were looking for a person in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, I'd go to the Santa Rosa, New Mexico resources first and work my way out, than start with the entire world and work inward.

You found the disc off the internet. Perhaps looking for its owner off the internet would be the solution. Sadly, too many tech addicts can't seem to figure there's a whole lot of people out there that don't share their internet hobby.

Try the white pages instead of facebook. I once returned someone's home wireless phone by looking up the name on the on the phone on the white pages. If they're unlisted, I guess they're SOL. Personally, if they've marked their PDGA # instead of actual contact info, I'd wager they're just looking to satisfy the marking requirements for tournament play, rather than looking to have their plastic returned.

Personally, if they've marked their PDGA # instead of actual contact info, I'd wager they're just looking to satisfy the marking requirements for tournament play, rather than looking to have their plastic returned.

While Larry might not 'expect' his plastic to be returned, I imagine he would appreciate it....

Larry Pearce is a deaf disc golfer who hails from one of the suburbs between baltimore and dc. I'll text him the link to this page.

While Larry might not 'expect' his plastic to be returned, I imagine he would appreciate it....

I'm sure he would. And I advocate going the extra mile to return it. But it borders on becoming a hassle having to cross-reference online listings to track someone down. If people are concerned about protecting their identity, you can easily make a throw-away gmail account, and ink your discs with that, you know? I think it's awesome the effort to return the plastic is being put forth here.

LOL, so much for the taking out a personal add in the Santa Rosa Gazette.

Reminds me, I need to go add pointless internet scorn to the pet peeves thread.

LOL, so much for the taking out a personal add in the Santa Rosa Gazette.

Reminds me, I need to go add pointless internet scorn to the pet peeves thread.
I might have to add pointless retorts to dry witted but otherwise good advise on not making the haystack you're trying to find a needle in any bigger than it needs to be. A found disc is a localized matter, and not all of that unique of one. A local resource where the owner likely lives, either online or offline, is likely to yield you better results in finding said person, or someone who knows them.

I might point out without my "pointless internet scorn" which was the second post in this thread, and came more than 17 hours after the OP started a thread with a vague title with no location, this discussion might be down on page 3 by now, all but forgotten.

Try the white pages instead of facebook. I once returned someone's home wireless phone by looking up the name on the on the phone on the white pages. If they're unlisted, I guess they're SOL. Personally, if they've marked their PDGA # instead of actual contact info, I'd wager they're just looking to satisfy the marking requirements for tournament play, rather than looking to have their plastic returned.

I found a cell phone in a parking lot once and called "Mom". Turned out it was some kids phone and they were heading back to the mall to look for it as I called them.

Just my suggestion, but if I were looking for a person in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, I'd go to the Santa Rosa, New Mexico resources first and work my way out, than start with the entire world and work inward.

You found the disc off the internet. Perhaps looking for its owner off the internet would be the solution. Sadly, too many tech addicts can't seem to figure there's a whole lot of people out there that don't share their internet hobby.

Upon my searches I could not find an exact location on where to start searching for LP. I thought going to this disc golf community forum would be faster and easier. Judging by most of the replies there are some people that know or know of him. I do appreciate all of the help and if LP is directed to this link then I think I have taken a step in the right direction to getting this disc to it's owner. I did not find this disc off the Internet. It was found at a disc golf course in Seneca Creek State Park while I was searching for my disc.

Thanks again for those of you that are helping get in contact with Larry. Hopefully he sees this posting.

Sorry scarpfish. It's been a long day at work and I wasn't thinking straight when you said I found the disc OFF the Internet and then I go saying I didn't find the disc on the Internet blah blah blah... I do find the Internet a resourceful tool and again I would not know where to start if I tried to search for this person of the Internet. The only way I can think about that is putting up flyers with a picture of the disc at every hole at Seneca and everyone's car parked there as if the disc were some lost dog and help find its owner. I don't think that would go well, lol.

From the md-discgolf forum:

Hey guys,

I'm responding to a post on DGCourseReview by airhockey21, dated 8/20/13.

Airhockey21, the lost disc on #3 is one of the many discs I've lost over the years. I can't tell you with certainty which disc of mine is in your possession, but tell you what: I plan to play at Seneca on Saturday (8/31) with a couple of friends. Bring the disc and I'll bring proof of ownership.

You can send your response to [email protected], as well. Doing so will ensure a timely response.

Thanks,
Larry
(lvp #25410)

It's been awhile since I've been online but I wanted to update this thread to say that the disc has been returned to Larry. Thanks to Ziggy for informing him about this thread. It was great to meet Larry and his son. He is deaf and a really nice and humble guy. I wish I could have played a fun round with him and his son but I already had plans that day. I guess the disc he lost had some markings on it that were not there before and it's been at least 2 years since he lost that disc which led me to believe some dumba$$ had it all this time and lost the disc where I found it. I'm glad I put in the effort to reunite a lost disc with it's rightful owner. I hope someone does the same for me when/if they find any of my lost discs.