• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which found disc surprised you and went in your bag?

I found a old flat pearly Champ Orc in 2005 that's still in my bag. Best control/shorter range thumber disc I've found. Perfect for this lefty to fight off some of those pesky righty hyzerflip putter holes.

Not many, but they are all tie-dye (and un-inked of course).

1. Tie-die Pearly Champion Monster (still in the bag)
2. Tie-die Champion Firebird (since lost in plain sight on hole 11 at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco)
3. Tie-dye Champion Destroyer (still in the bag)
4. Tie-dye Champion Sidewinder (since lost in plain sight on Hole 2 at Bryant Lake Park in Minneapolis)

Last edited:
I found 2 Star Destroyers in 1 week at Diamond X back in 2009 and at that time I beleive my fastest disc was an Eagle. The first Destro was dark blue, a color I won't throw, so I traded it to my buddy for a pint can of PBR. Great trade in 90+ degree weather on hole 15 at Diamond X. A couple days later I found another Destro, almost brand new, bright orange, unlinked, at the bottom of a roughly 200ft cliff. It was so far down my friends said it was just a little orange flag from an old tourney or bike race. Same friend tried to trade me another beer but I felt this one was bag worthy. Took me about a year of implementing a proper X-step and getting my arm speed where it would actually send the disc past 350' but it stuck. I still bag that Destroyer today as my long distance/turnover/tailwind Destro.

I found a nameless 10/10 Glow Teebird in some thicket a couple years ago that happened to have a tourney stamp from a tournament that I actually played in 2011. (this was about three hours away from that course) I've never been a huge TB thrower and had that slot filled just find, so it went into the collection. A couple months ago, I played a glow tournament and pulled it out to stick in my glow bag and was FLOORED by it! Much better flight than any TBs I've thrown in the past! It's straight for days but ends with a pretty wicked fade. I ended up using it more than my Destroyer, Valk, or Patriot. It is definitely in my Glow bag forever, and is being pulled for my alt bag now as well.

Champ Mamba.

Never would have bought one. Found one and threw it as a joke/water disc.

Its downright amazing and extremely versatile as long as the wind isn't howling. 10/10.

Found an uninked 6-7/10 pink destroyer at BB Owen laying near the basketball courts one day when no one was out there.

Have never been a Destro thrower and this one became a 'tray' in the garage for a long time until I went to go play a new course with water and brought it along. Holy smokes this thing cooks- tight lines, big distance hyzers or monster skips, it seems to do whatever I need it to. It is def the worst-looking disc in my bag but is nearly my most-often used distance driver now.

Last edited:
This don't totally count, but I found a used Proton Volt in a bargain bin and it introduced me to the MVP/Axiom discs. I still bag that used Volt and use it regularly as it competes with my Teebird when I need something a little straighter in flight.

First disc I ever found was a beat-to-death (almost) D Eagle. I kept it for three years until I just gave it to my son yesterday. I found an unmarked Blizzard Boss a few weeks ago that MIGHT make the bag (I really have no business throwing something that fast, but we'll see).

None ever. Swiss disc golf scene is so small that when we find a disc we know the owner 99% of the time, or else we know who to ask. I returned all my found discs so far.

Turn everything in. If you didn't buy it or win it, it's not yours. And if there's no where to turn it in then make a loaner disc.

I don't bag any found discs, I either call the number on the disc or leave it where I found it.

Well hasn't this just turned sooooo virtuous!

I return every disc that I can, but I have also thrown pretty much every disc I have found too, just to see how it flies.

I recently lost a Sidewinder, the guy who found it got it back to me and said, "I hope you didn't mind but I threw it a few times, I loved it and went out and got my own". No problem I told him, it's great way to try out new discs! A win-win for both of us.

I've also pretty much given every unmarked disc I have found to a newbie (except a Groove which I traded away). An unmarked disc is a lost disc if I can't find the player on the course, passing it on to a newbie isn't a bad way to grow the sport.

Last edited:
An unmarked disc is a lost disc if I can't find the player on the course, passing it on to a newbie isn't a bad way to grow the sport.

I have forgotten picking up my upshot disc a few times, luckily when I went back to look for it I found them again. It would be very unfortunate if somebody had taken it in that time. For me it's better to leave unmarked discs where I found them

I have forgotten picking up my upshot disc a few times, luckily when I went back to look for it I found them again. It would be very unfortunate if somebody had taken it in that time. For me it's better to leave unmarked discs where I found them

If someone dropped a disc in the middle of a fairway or left it near the basket and I came upon it, you're still on the course and I'll find you, even if you didn't mark the disc.

I found a old feldberg boss about 5 years ago. It had no name or number but had a small lightning bolt on the back. No one claimed it so I bagged it. It quickly became my go to forhand disc and replaced my *D. It used to be a tad beefy but now its perfect. Ive thrown it so much the stamp is nearly gone and the lightning bolt has been gone for years already. Great disc!

Turn everything in. If you didn't buy it or win it, it's not yours. And if there's no where to turn it in then make a loaner disc.

Most courses I've played don't have a place to do this. Sometimes a responsible league guy will hold onto discs that have been found, but they usually hang out in the back of his truck for months and may never be claimed. If there's no ink or distinguishing feature, no lost and found, and nobody on the course, do you really expect me to leave it?

I suppose I have treated these kinds of finds as "loaners." But, being a new player, I have been the loanee. Maybe I feel justified doing this because I'm willing to jump through almost any hoop to get a disc back to its owner.

I've also pretty much given every unmarked disc I have found to a newbie (except a Groove which I traded away). An unmarked disc is a lost disc if I can't find the player on the course, passing it on to a newbie isn't a bad way to grow the sport.

I'm getting to this stage now that I know what I like to throw. Pass to newbies.

If someone dropped a disc in the middle of a fairway or left it near the basket and I came upon it, you're still on the course and I'll find you, even if you didn't mark the disc.

Yup. I've returned a number of discs like this. Names make it easy, but it's often easy to find an owner if their still on the course.

I've found nothing that's gone into my bag. People throw lots of junky discs, and they're the ones they usually walk away from.