• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Who else loves DD's?!

thugjitsu

Double Eagle Member
So I am a PD fanatic along with enjoying my DD2's as of late but I am really enjoying my C-line DD. when it was fresh it was nice for FH rips and headwind duties. Now that it's broken in it will still handle and wind but has a tremendous increase in glide and will flip up from a hyper and lock into a line like no other. It's seeing more action on the course than anything in my bag.

For reference mine is a yellow C-line max weight with a nice dome, that new pearly plastic as well.

Any other love out there for DD's?:p

I am throwing PDs, Star Wraiths (one new, one bear) and a bunch of Destroyers. Could the DD replace Wraiths and Destroyers with various stages of wear?

I think it could, I find myself reaching for my dd on almost every hole and just adjusting my angle of release. I have not experimented with the s-lines or p-lines yet. I also like the deep rim which is easy to grip and get a good snap, a reason why I don't throw katanas or anything to shallow. I'd say get one in you're desired weight range and experiment. Flat ones will probably have less glide which most s-lines I've seen have minimal dome.

Haven't tried the DD yet. As much as I love my DD2 and my PD, I will have to get a DD to throw. I am quickly turning into a discmania fan.

I threw an S Line DD Hysteria over a year or two ago, I only threw it twice but it went really damn far. Looking back on it, I should have made a trade for it but I was stupid when it came to discmania.

I have a pDD that I still haven't figured out yet. It doesn't have the high speed turn I expected it to have but it isn't overstable enough to throw reliably in a headwind for me.

Of course, take that with a grain of salt since I have issues throwing wide rimmed drivers anyway.

It seems like your thread title has to be catchy to have any chance. :p:popcorn:

Edit: how is the glide on the p-line? Does it have a nice dome? I figured it could kick out my beat wraith for turnovers or long S shots.

Last edited:
It seems like your thread title has to be catchy to have any chance. :p:popcorn:

Edit: how is the glide on the p-line? Does it have a nice dome? I figured it could kick out my beat wraith for turnovers or long S shots.

Mine is nice and domey, but you're not going to get any turnovers out of it unless you're throwing 450'+

I went back and forth between this and a Wraith. Ended up ordering a Wraith because I read somewhere that the DD was more overstable. I'm looking for something TP Sword like that's easy to get in bright colors.

my hand is up.. but I'm in love with s-dd's, especially first runs!!

DD

I recently started throwing an S line DD Hysteria and now it's my main driver. It flies really straight and far with great accuracy. Innova Destroyer was my main driver before I got the DD and I would still be throwing my beat in Destroyer if it hadn't have landed in a street and been ran over. The DD is a great replacement, IMO. Flies very similar to my Destroyer but I'm getting better distance with it.

Attachments

• Tulsa-20120916-00322.jpg
    Tulsa-20120916-00322.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 9
less fade for sure. they're flatter and once used they are super straight.

when i was throwing dd's , i was kinda bummed that the cdd's came out pretty beefy. i didnt bother keeping them long enough to try and beat in. very comfortable grip though,i preferred the text stamp early s lines. nice moderate dome/domey and very grippy. jeff got the red champy stars that i had,damn near champ!

i kept one just in case i wanna try it again. :) white and super grippy.

Latest posts