• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the most discs

How many discs do you have?

• 1-24

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • 25-49

Votes: 50 18.2%
  • 50-74

Votes: 39 14.2%
  • 75-99

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • 100-150

Votes: 38 13.8%
  • 150+

Votes: 100 36.4%

• Total voters
I used the same putter for the first 10ish years that I played so it has take me a long time to build up any sort of a collection. Never sold any discs and have given a few putters to new players so that puts me around 40 or so.

I'm probably sitting somewhere around 80. I've made a conscious effort to thin the herd lately....was well over 100 a couple months ago. My problem is, I live half a block from a (now) 18 hole course with a river going through it. My dog likes to walk through that river, so I find a LOT of discs. Probably pulled about 50 out this year...returned maybe 20 (nobody inks discs anymore). I end up trading or selling those and use the cash for tournaments.

I'm assuming that once the snow melts in spring I'll jump back up over 100 very quickly.

I had around 35 at one time, but decided to cut it down and I have about 20 now.
I'm new to the sport and I'm in college so money's definitely an issue.

How many? More than I need.

Main bag has 24, other bag has 18, box 1 has close to 100, box 2 is around 50, box 3 30-40, stack in the closet maybe another 50, some more on the wall.

45 discs on my trade thread - that's 3 bins. Two bins of back-ups, and another bin of discs that I don't throw at the moment but might throw again (Rocs, Comets, etc.).

Probably around 80-90 discs total. Not too bad for how long I have been playing, and how many discs I have tested. Thank goodness for the Marketplace!

When I played a lot in the 90's I tried every new disc and bought them in 3's; one to throw, one bag backup and one on the shelf just in case. If a disc stuck in my bag I'd buy two more so I had backups. A lot of times discs like the X2 would make the bag for a short time, so I'd end up with five of them hanging around. Discs that stuck in my bag I'd just keep hoarding, so I had 20ish Rocs, 20ish Aviars, 20ish Cyclones. Once I got married I stopped buying so many, but by then I had around 600. Since then I've lost discs, sold discs, bought new discs, but it a garbage in-garbage out operation. The overall number is still right around 600.

If I would have stayed single, I'd have 5,000 discs by now. I'm pretty glad I don't.

About 100. Two bags on either side of the continent totaling 40, a stash bag in PDX with 15, and 50 in my storaged RV in Everett. Mostly all the extras are my most-thrown molds lying in wait.

Looking through the old threads, several posters have (or had) several hundreds.
Chris Hysel said he has over 2,000.
Chris Deitzel had around 1,000.
SadJo says "thousands."
And I still can't find that pic of DiscinFiend's wall of over 2,000 discs (but I know it's posted here somewhere).

So that kind of gives you an idea of who has "the most." I'd say that the average DGCR member has less than 75.

that pic of discinfiend was awesome.

i cant remember what thread it was either

that pic of discinfiend was awesome.

i cant remember what thread it was either

969421_704866792856936_1830604158_n.jpg

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...&highlight=discinfiend+disc+collection&page=5

Somewhere around 110 ... I don't collect, all for throwing, many backups and extras for field work. I think Leopard is my most common mold - I've got 10 I believe.

I laugh because the highest number in the poll isn't even half of the correct number.

I laugh again because I likely have plenty of company in that department.

Latest posts