• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the most discs

How many discs do you have?

• 1-24

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • 25-49

Votes: 50 18.2%
  • 50-74

Votes: 39 14.2%
  • 75-99

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • 100-150

Votes: 38 13.8%
  • 150+

Votes: 100 36.4%

• Total voters
Sorry about the picture size. Last time I counted I had about 2800 discs. I know I have over 3000 now. This is an old picture, now I'm rockin the beard. :).

969421_704866792856936_1830604158_n.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 21
discinfiend we need an updated picture. that sounds like a lot of changes have happened

3,000 discs. There's a little hoarder in all of us, my friend. ;)

how the **** do you afford 3000 discs?

say at standard dx prices $8

you have spent $24000

i mean obviously its taken years but damm

and i know all those (probably most) arent baseline plastic too

I use that photo when the wife say I "have too many discs" 300+ pales in comparison.

I have an even hundred.
I have a hard time walking out of PIAS without at least one, whether it's for me to throw, for one of my buddies to throw, or just something I think is cool looking or might have value.
I really like trying new stuff. PIAS provides me with a chance to do that without buying all new, unthrown discs. I just get a little carried away sometimes. I fully realize that no one at my skill level needs 100 discs.

somewhere around 800 here. i just bought 95 more today

Personally, I've only got about 90 (topped out around 150), but I played with a guy today who is thinking about getting rid of some of his collection (over 1000). He's a Grandmaster, who's played over thirty years, and realized 1) these discs ought to be in other people's bags, not in his basement, and 2) a buddy helped him sell one of them for over $100. They might actually be worth something! :D

I have a groove, a wolf, and a birdie. I gave away every other disc, they just felt weird in my hand.

I sold most of them in the last few years but at one point I had around 1000 or so and I am not proud of that at all. At this point between my boyfriend and I, we have around 300.

A little over 100, but this year the number's dropping. I add discs mostly playing in tournaments, since I'm an Am and keep what I win, and lose them by throwing poorly over water. This year I've only played 3 tournaments, and my throws over water are getting worse.

12-20 in regular play bag
6-8 in van putter bag
40-50 in van mostly backups, field, course and mood dependent, some for sale at course
20-25 "going to dye this disc one day"
40 various in boxes at home getting no love

Do missing in action discs count?

I'm over 100.

Ranger bags 18 or so
Nutsac has about 8
Crunch box has 10

Back up box has a bunch. Then I have 5 totes; one is DD first runs and limited runs. One is innova protos and oop. One is legacy oop and fr and cool stuff. And another is mixed, tourney discs, MVP, vibram, a couple prodigy and miscellaneous.

I need to thin the collection, but every time I want to do so I pull out all the totes and maybe, maybe, pull out 2 or 3 that I will try to get rid of. I feel like I've slimmed down as much as possible?!

I'm constantly trying new discs, and, like one of the earlier posters, I buy in threes. All in all, I've accumulated over 500. I'm in the process of moving, and once that's done, will start selling the molds/plastics I won't be throwing in the future. See y'all in the marketplace.