• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is your favorite pro?

JD Ramirez

I played with him today. The guy is flat out the nicest pro ever. So chill and laid back.

Yeah, I met him down at USDGC this last year and you were spot on in describing him. He came up to me and my bro-in-law and introduced himself and was just a great guy. Always smilin' too.

Gotta give a shout-out to ol' Stan McDaniel for what he's done in Charlotte. Saw Climo and Schultz at the USDGC's one year. No complaints there.

Yeah, I have talked to Stan several times: meeting up with him once at Elon, and a couple of times at Bracketts Bluff back in the day, but never seen him throw until last week at the Clash.... I underestimated the old guy!

i gotta go local as well, micheal johansen is just about the nicest guy youll meet, he has a very approachable additude and he doesnt mind helping you out on your game, stan mcdaniel is also up top of the list, not only as a player but a designer, alot of good golfers are coming out of charlotte,and i would say stans course designs have a great deal to do with that.

Yeah, you said it all right there hogle.... I am gonna have to go with MJ as well. Gotta root for the local Pro.:thmbup:

My good friend Patrick Brown, who's making a scene at the US Masters at the moment: 2 strokes in front of Schultz to start the 4th round. GO JIM NASTY!

I personally don't know any DG pros so I can't commetn on them.

I do however like one called Georgia that can usually be found in an undisclosed downtown. she ain't cheap, but man can she...

is this confidential????

I have to say Barry, just because he's the only one I have ever met. He did a clinic at our local course, super nice guy.

I'm going with Dave Feldberg. He has great instructional videos (including push putting), he putts like an animal and teaches a disc golf class

2nd that e^motion.

Other than Climo, I'd be hard pressed to even name a pro...:\

The only ones i could name are the ones on the discs, and the ammount of em that i would pay any attention to is ZERO. I mean, yeah im sure it would be cool to meet em and play a round with them, but it is highly unlikly, so i don't really bother with the "Pro worship" so to speak.

i gotta go local as well, micheal johansen is just about the nicest guy youll meet, he has a very approachable additude and he doesnt mind helping you out on your game, stan mcdaniel is also up top of the list, not only as a player but a designer, alot of good golfers are coming out of charlotte,and i would say stans course designs have a great deal to do with that.

True dat, he seemed like a pretty nice guy and was unjustly ripped by that douche Straq.

It is hard to hate on Climo though, after all, he's such a funky dancer.

I haven't met Courtney McCoy yet but in email exchanges I have taken a good liking to her, she seems to have a similar personality to us.

Sarah Stanhope is a great story teller and had us rolling during a wait at the Atlanta Open.

Val Jenkins is lighthearted and very cool.

Dave and Ken are excellent teachers and pretty cool guys.

They are all like sports car racers, not popular enough to be tools so they generally act like and treat people like real humans.

Greg Barsby is my new favorite pro. I stumbled upon him while watching videos of my nearby courses. Its awesome to watch videos of courses you have played but even better to watch a pro do amazing things that blow your mind. Plus somebody has to represent metal on the course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMoCWuV-nE

team_barsby04.jpg