• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who lives the closest to a disc golf course?

There's a guy who plays regularly at my course who is intermittently homeless and has camped out ON THE COURSE for months at a time.

i live right down the street from Brown Deer Park in Milwaukee WI, which has a high caliber Ball Golf and Disc Golf course, it pretty much rocks

edit* not that i ball golf or anything, just sayin

LTC is 0.8 miles from me...I tend to drive, but occasionally will bike with the kid carriage in tow!

I Win - Hands Down.

Paulie on the snap. I own Phantom Falls DGC, and I throw to the famous, work of art, aspen basket (in the 2012 innova calendar "October") off my porch every am with my java in hand. End thread :clap:

Paulie on the snap. I own Phantom Falls DGC, and I throw to the famous, work of art, aspen basket (in the 2012 innova calendar "October") off my porch every am with my java in hand. End thread :clap:

I think all of you guys win, with a course out your back door.:thmbup:

I think all of you guys win, with a course out your back door.:thmbup:

We should recuse ourselves. But who wants to concede ground to college dorms and the homeless?

I suppose the O.P. was really thinking about who lives closest to a course, without living on it. Certainly we've had the experience of playing courses with bordered by houses and thinking, "That would be a cool place to live!"

Truthfully, I think we all win, with you guys who have a course at home. Thanks to David and all the other folks who let us onto their home courses.

I live 1.2 miles from Lincoln Ridge/Banklick. I could walk, but the hill just before the course would take a lot out of me. And I need all of my energy for as much as hump on the creek holes.

my on-campus university apartment looks right out onto the school course (and also giant soccer fields which are great for practice) :thmbup: I can walk out of my apartment and begin playing within a few minutes

this ^^ when i lived in my dorm i always had my roomate throw down beers mid round so id always have a cold one :)

my on-campus university apartment looks right out onto the school course (and also giant soccer fields which are great for practice) :thmbup: I can walk out of my apartment and begin playing within a few minutes

Ah, youth. Some of us can't begin playing within a few minutes of reaching the Hole 1 Tee. 20 minutes of stretching is more like it. I'm doubly envious.

I moved to North Park in San Diego, CA just so I can be closer to my home course, Morley Field. I'm 6/10 mile (3,100ft) from hole 8, it's 1.01miles to the pro shop on my bike. Not as close as others, but I also work 2 miles from my home, so I can play afterwork every day with only a short drive.

Ah, youth. Some of us can't begin playing within a few minutes of reaching the Hole 1 Tee. 20 minutes of stretching is more like it. I'm doubly envious.

Oh I make sure to get that shoulder warmed up before playing... Despite being 21 and athletic, my joints are already falling apart!