• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Who loves the Halo

Halo goes further, holds a better line, is faster, is consistantly overstable, you dont have to throw it 10' off the ground to get it to fly well, is easier to throw, comes in a lot of very good plastics, doesnt feel awkward in the hand, isnt overhyped.

If you want more just let me know

Disagree a hundred times over! Prometheus set my distance record for forehand drives, you don't have to throw it 10' off the ground to get it to fly well, comes in the best plastic blend that I have seen since early innova pearly champ plastic, and doesn't feel awkard in my hands, however I do throw primarily forehand. Horsman just hates him some Salient

i liked the halo airs for awhile but gave up on them when i ran into issues. The issues were to top of the disc would stick downward, so instead of being domey it would be the opposite, like concave. If it stuck like this when i threw the disc it was dramatically understable. Might have been a manufacturing issue but it did happen on more than one disc. Might give em another shot.

Disagree a hundred times over! Prometheus set my distance record for forehand drives, you don't have to throw it 10' off the ground to get it to fly well, comes in the best plastic blend that I have seen since early innova pearly champ plastic, and doesn't feel awkard in my hands, however I do throw primarily forehand. Horsman just hates him some Salient

Yea I saw this one coming, but its not that I hate Salient, Im just not going to support a company that probably has the worst business model I have ever seen. And my response was to the fake account that someone with ties to Salient set up to try to overhype their products some more. If you want to sell products and be successful, dont tell me how amazing something and how much better it is than everything else. Show me its better and make me believe it.

Yea I saw this one coming, but its not that I hate Salient, Im just not going to support a company that probably has the worst business model I have ever seen. And my response was to the fake account that someone with ties to Salient set up to try to overhype their products some more. If you want to sell products and be successful, dont tell me how amazing something and how much better it is than everything else. Show me its better and make me believe it.

A+ words taken out of my mouth; i'd have to agree

As far as the Halo, I thought Feldberg said he was throwing them (at the beginning of the season anyways...he could have definately moved away from them and probably throws the Trespass in this slot more) but he had said earlier in the season its one of the fastest discs he's thrown. I personally like the feel of it, but my trespasses cover everything i could need from this slot, and I still get the nice plastic.

I use them for my distance driver. I have an early run GL (flat and pink) that is flippy now, an orange 166g Opto that is a straight flyer, and a 175g white GL dyemax that is truly overstable and headwind resistant (at my mere 400' of power).

I'll agree, they're all over the place as far as consistency is concerned, but I can go into my local shop and pick one out based on dome, PLH and weight and know exactly how it will fly. Be warned if buying online.

I like the shape of the rim and get consistent releases with it and my longest throws have all been Halos (matched it with a Cannon a few times, but I was way more inconsistent with the Cannon). I have long skinny fingers so maybe that helps with the rim.

I bought a used, pearly, like-new gold line for half price, which I use as a barometer of how weak my arm is. Love the disc, just wish i could throw it as far as my Swan.

I have been using halos as my primary distance driver for three years and love them. Other distance molds have came in and out of my bag but it has been all halo for about a year and a half. I usually carry 3 -one <170 one used 167-173 and a new 175. As others have mentioned the stability of a given disc can be judged by plh and dome with higher plh and more dome being more stable. That being said I have found even max wt domey halos to be flippy in a headwind. I can on wide open holes start one high and left and usually get a sick b-line flight without it burning but def need to pick up something more os or wind resistant. I have two westside worlds on the way for this slot but It sounds like the giant may be the way to go. As of now Im just murdering (oat?) a firebird into straight if its too windy.

Adding to an older thread:
I picked up a Halo a month ago and am loving it. I have an Air Halo at 160g, which helps my 43 year old arm, and it is my furtherest disc other than a Blizzard Katana — which is much more difficult to control. Got it about 360 feet out in calm winds on flat ground today. I highly recommend it and it is probably a faster and better disc than most people think.

With a slight bit of anny, I can get a nice S curve flight with the Halo. Thrown perfectly flat, it carries straight for a long distance before fading. It has some glide to it, but is less apt to be caught by wind than a Wraith and doesn't need as much vertical room to work as many glidey discs. I'd put the flight numbers at 13/5/0/2.5

Even the Opto Air version of this disc does well in wind. I can throw it directly into the wind maybe in 15-20 and it will turn out but come back. Not as robust as a Sword in the wind, but better than a Trespass and certainly a Krait. The Halo has slightly more HSS than my Trespass of the same wait, and always seems to land 20' further.

The Halo is a great distance driver, and the Opto Air version makes it usable for noodle arms and 900 rated players. It's has kicked the Trespass out of my bag (and the Trespass kicked out the Krait) as well as the Sword (unless its windy). Based on the number of threads on this disc, it appears underrated.:thmbup:

I picked up a Halo sometime last year, solely because I liked the way it felt in my hands. It started off nice and a little overstable but lost that after about.... two months maybe? Fresh though, man would it bomb when throw flat and hard. I only pulled it out for distance shots. I only ever had the one, so I know nothing about the consistency issues, but I still like the feel.

Ain't no secret I like the Lat "trilogy" companies and lines of discs. That said...I hated the Halo lol. It was too shallow and inconsistent for me. It never fit my hand right and I just don't care for it. There I said it. The Havoc, Riot, Trespass, Giant.....all great molds. I still hate the Halo.

I don't get how you guys throw this thing. I was thinking of getting one but I don't think I could ever hold onto a disc with a rim this wide and with this much slant. Shame too, it seems like a great max d candidate and windfighter.

Early Halo's were legit. Havocs and Halos have always been molded up ****ty though you get some which are OS others which flip and then a few in between. both discs bomb though if you can find the "right" ones........

I second this, used to sidearm GL Halo's. One was an early teal and normal dome, very straight until a small hook fade at the end. The one I got as a backup later was a super dome yellow and crazy overstable, basically a POS.

I love my Halo's. When I need a dead straight 400' low ceiling drive, that's my disc. It flies for me like a longer Saint, and a Saint is my "go to" driver for anything under 350'ish that's not into a stiff headwind. I really dig my recent Halo; however, I must say that the thick sharp rim doesn't bother me at all. I'm 6'3" with really long, thin fingers (I can palm basketballs), so the rim doesn't bother me.

My GL Halo flies like a faster Teebird. My friend has an Opto that flies like a Stiletto though.

I throw an Opto Havoc for max distance (it's my longest disc).

If there's a little bit of a wind or I need a little more stability I switch to the Halo, but the distance drops a bit. I'm still on the fence about the Halo, might switch to a DD2.

Big fan of the Halo. The rim feels ok to me but the Westside World feels way better, I have one in VIP for stiff headwinds. Halos and Bolts cover all my longest distances. My Opto Havoc turns and never comes back, where Bolts are more controllable.

GL Halos have a trusty flight for me, a little turn and guaranteed fade. I bought an Opto for headwinds but it flies just like my GLs. My lost domey Opto Air Halo was my most overstable and fav Halo.

If I ever find some nicely domed Tournament plastic Worlds and I can break one in I'll probably switch from Halos because of the World feels better.

Latest posts