• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Who's actually putting with PA1?

fusan

Par Member
So Im wondering who actually bags a 300 PA1 for putting duties?
Inside 30 feet it wouldnt matter what you throw at the basket but outisde its getting a little harder with a putter with that stability.
I know that the 300 PA1 is the main putter for Will, Paul and Garret, but do anyone here use it for putting inside and outside 30 feet? Or do you use a straighter putter for this distance? Or have you beatten one in to fly straight?

I do and I love them! Inside 30' you don't really see a big difference in it being overstable but get outside of that and you do. But for me I like that because it makes it predictable.

This is my favorite putter hands down!

Although I do not throw it for an approach disc or off the tee. I use ions for that...

I use a SE 300S PA1 for most putts inside or out. Now for runs at the basket outside of 80' or so I do use a 400S PA4 or 400S PA1 depending on circumstances. I wholeheartedly recommend the SE PA1's. They are confidence inspiring.

I bought a healthy number of the black se pa1s and have been trying them against my judges.

I don't notice much difference inside the circle, but they definitely have more fade on longer putts and approaches.

PA1 is my current primary putter. I do switch to a PA4 for most shots that are outside the circle because I'm not as good at predicting the drop and fade like Will and Nikko can at distance. However, I live in OK. The wind sucks. When that happens, the PA1 stays my main putter the whole time.

YeH in Michigan it's windy too. Maybe that's why I'm so drawn to an overstable putter. I've tried tons and this is a keeper!

I attempted to putt with PA1s for a few months. Inside the circle they're solid. I just couldn't ever stay consistent outside the circle due to their hard fade. Never was able to judge it, and always felt like I was pushing my putts too hard to compensate.

I switched to PA4s and will not be going back. I feel with PA4s you don't need near as much power to get them to your target; they just float out of my hand into the chains. I landed a couple sweet birdie and par-saves from outside the circle on my first round with them and was sold.

That being said, a PA1 still resides in my bag for approaches and windy putts near the circle. (I'm saving my black SE PA1)

I putt with the 300s Pa1 and love it. Very predictable and delivers a nicely consistent line almost every time. I have always putted with overstable discs however... I used Rhynos for a long time before switching to the Pa1. I putt with a slight anhyzer and need my putters to be overstable so that they flatten out.

My buddy uses swans and loves them. They are understable for sure and inside 30' there isn't much difference between the 2...

Outside the circle I'm not sure how everyone putts but if you spin putt then overstable is the way to go for sure.

Also I'm really interest in beating a putter in. How is this done? I'm guessing with 300 plastic you don't throw it at soemthing because to will warp and chunk. But does just putting with it do the trick? If so how long does this take?

I am putting with PA1 300 and approuching with PA1 400. Have tried all PA-s and PA1 suits best for my hand. Still using PA4 400 also for unhyzer approuches.

My buddy uses swans and loves them. They are understable for sure and inside 30' there isn't much difference between the 2...

Outside the circle I'm not sure how everyone putts but if you spin putt then overstable is the way to go for sure.

Also I'm really interest in beating a putter in. How is this done? I'm guessing with 300 plastic you don't throw it at soemthing because to will warp and chunk. But does just putting with it do the trick? If so how long does this take?

Yeah just Actually Putt with it... No better way to "beat" a disc in. Good old fashion use.

So Im wondering who actually bags a 300 PA1 for putting duties?
Inside 30 feet it wouldnt matter what you throw at the basket but outisde its getting a little harder with a putter with that stability.
I know that the 300 PA1 is the main putter for Will, Paul and Garret, but do anyone here use it for putting inside and outside 30 feet? Or do you use a straighter putter for this distance? Or have you beatten one in to fly straight?

GG, uses a pa4 because he is a hyzer putter and whats something less stable that won't hyzer off too quickly.

I putt with the PA1 300, awesome putter. I use the PA4 300 for approach shots and anything off of the tee I'm using the PA1 and PA4 in 400.

Im putting with 300s PA1's and I really like them. I just picked up a 300s PA4 to see if Id rather use that for jump putts outside the circle.

I putt with both the 300 and 400s PA1s depending on the angle. For most putts its the 300s, but if I have to come in from the left side I like the less sticky 400s.

So I bought a PA1 in 300 Plastic. This disc is not at all what I expected. I had the impression it would compete with my Jokeri, but it is not even close in stability. If I should rate it, it would be like a fresh Wizard, maybe a tad more overstable. It has great glide and I use it alot for drives and approached.
Lately I began to putt with it and it fits my hand very well. I would even call it low profile cus its so flat and I like flat putters.
What Im struggling with a little, is the driving. Even though it feels great for putting, my powergrip seem to get a load of griplocks. I have tried to change to af fangrip and it seems to help a little, but now I get early releases.
After using the powergrip exlusively on everything else than putting, its hard to get used to the fangrip. I guess I have to work with this grip a little more to get used to it and sort out the early releases.
Do you guys powergrip it on approaches and drives... without griplock?

I use Climos can grip on all putters and mids. It really helps eliminate all grip issues for me. It also eliminated the need for shallow putters too. One thing I see a whole lot of people wanting is shallow low profile putters and beadless rimmed mids. To me if you switch your grip problem is solved!

I use Climos can grip on all putters and mids. It really helps eliminate all grip issues for me. It also eliminated the need for shallow putters too. One thing I see a whole lot of people wanting is shallow low profile putters and beadless rimmed mids. To me if you switch your grip problem is solved!

Agreed. I love throwing beaded discs and high profile putters. I throw them well with fan, climo, and power grip though. It Just depends on the distance for me. The power grip transfers too much energy from my throw for shorter shots which too often results in late releases other errors. I throw most approaches with a regular fan grip.

I love the 300 PA1 a lot but it is so very SS wizard-esque in feel, shape, speed, and stability and I already own 9 excellent wizards some of which are beat in wonderfully. I think their 300 plastic is every bit as amazing as gateways SS can be. The 300 PA1 is imperceivably more overstable when new but that is pretty irrelevant because they both beat in pretty quickly. Same height as a wizard and similar feel in hand. Both are a little more overstable+a little less glide than KC aviars when fresh but once beat in all three are so similar. One really cool thing about the pa1 is that it is readily available in that amazingly grippy, gummy, super durable 400 plastic and it is a little more overstable when new in that plastic.