• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Who's actually putting with PA1?

Never implies we play perfectly haha. I have no problems with early releases using fan and Climo
grips. I've just found that there is no way I want to use a Climo or power grip for a straight 120 foot straight putter upshot. There is no way I want to use a fan or power grip for a 220 foot straight putter drive/upshot. I don't think about what grip I'm going to use I just naturally grip what feels right for that unique shot so I guess it's a matter of experience.

So you guys never have early releases with the fan/forkgrip?

Where do you live? It's awful cold right now if you're in the north and it's hardest to grip in the snow. So maybe that it? Because generally no fan/climo grip is good for me. I can rip mids to about 320-330'...

Where do you live? It's awful cold right now if you're in the north and it's hardest to grip in the snow. So maybe that it? Because generally no fan/climo grip is good for me. I can rip mids to about 320-330'...

I live in the cold scandinavia, so we dont get cheated for the sub 0 deg cel here. Though the vinter is mild here this year, the temp still creeps down under 0 deg cel during night. The hands get dry and cold, so youre right that it does have an effect on the grip.

So there has passed a lot of water under the bridge, since I asked the first question about the PA1.
Here is a little follow up on my own experience with it...

First Id like to say that this putter, even though it is not low profile, it does fit my girly hands perfectly because it feels Flat in the hand. What I mean is I putted with Pure and Judges before cus of their lower profile. If its just a little wind'y the Pure and judge gets thrown arround a quiet a bit.
The Judge has more glide and doesent get affected so much by the wind like Pure, but it is not as comfortable in my hand cus of the rounded shoulder.

Up close theres not a big difference but once you get further out, the (over)stability of the PA1 shows. It is not that its crazy overstable but its noticable. On the other hand, I dont think its more overstable than the Wizard, KC Pro Aviar or Challenger. This (over)stability is comes in very handy when the wind gets stronger. This putter really holds its line and especially height, when my Pure and Judge gets blown arround. It is a huge advantage.

What I concluded from the time I have putted with it is that if you get used to the stability and compensate, you wouldnt have those long blowbys that straight/understable putters have.
In other words the comeback putt will be manageble.
Another advantage is that this putter is a dream to drive and approach with. No matter how hard I throw it, it never turns and allways have a gentle fade at the end.

For some reason I assumed the PA1 didnt have any glide. Thats absolutely not true. Im supprised over the amount of glide it has, especially considering its stability.

So Im quiet happy with it. In time Ill get used to the fade on longer putts or beat it in to be less stable, but then Ill buy a new one.

Umm the pa1 has a lower profile than a judge. Its a mm shorter in both height and rim depth, oh and no dome.

I use the Pa1 for most of my putts. It's actually better outside of 40 because at that range, I'm not spin putting or jumping, I'll need to actually backhand throw it and the disc goes perfectly straight, then fades....I use the Pa4 a TON too, but If I run that at the basket and miss it will go past it and keep going where the Pa1 will stable and sit down. So really, it's not that stable, I can use it for anny's a lot.

A seasoned pa1 is awesome. When theyre new they are a bit too overstable for my style of putting. They are awesome throwers also, i throw a 400 pa4, 400 pa2 and a 300 pa1 they cover the whole spectrum up until i need the zone.

My buddy does. I used to and probably still could if I wanted to. I just stumbled upon Wizards and now I'm hooked. But, the Pa1 is a good disc. I carry a 400s for drives.

I have two 300 pa-1's that I picked up.. Right now they are pretty overstable, so I'm definitely trying to beat them in. They are great driving with though.

I can sink 20-30 ft putts with my PA1 very well. I still haven't picked up a 300s yet.

Found my putter

I have been on a quest for a good beadless putter to push putt with. (Star P&A Avair, Polecat(base), 2 Envy's(neutrons), Pure(recycled), V.P.(med), Magic SSS, JOKERi(base)). I bought a 170g Prototype PA1 a few weeks ago from Marshall St, only because it was on clearance.
At first I hated the disc with passions for putting. Being a push putter, it grabbed my hand on release every single time, so I kept it in my bag for grenades and spike hyzers only. I love the way the disc dies on a spike hyzer; my Envy might roll 150 feet after spiking it(no, I am not exaggerating, we have very hilly courses in East Tennessee).
So my load out has been Envys for approach and JOKERi for putting and hyzer drives.... up until Thursday at least. I decided to put in a good day of practice instead of playing and was putting with all of my discs when suddenly I realized the PA1 was no longer grabbing my hand on release.
I turned the disc over and noticed that there was flashing left on part of the bottom of the disc, the rest had worn off. That is why it had been grabbing my hand. I remember reading about the PDGA having to tell Prodigy to clean up their discs, no I know why.
The PA1 is an awesome disc once it is cleaned up. I have been sinking 40' putts, I never have been able to do that before. I am loving it.
I still have my Envy in my bag, there is no sweeter approach disc than it is. I think I have found my main putter though....at least until I go try out this JOKERi in premium plastic that came in the mail today. ;)

Last edited: