• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who's the Most Famous Disc Golfer

Naming celebrities who have played disc golf before is a waste of time. Is Barry Obama one of the most famous basketball players in the world?

If you polled tournament entrants it would be Climo followed by McBeast. If we are asking every person on a disc golf course we can throw Barry and AJ in the mix because their names are all over plastic, and if we are talking global lets throw Simon and Feldbeard into the mix.

edit: the task being to name one disc golfer, not identify by picture.

Brent Hambrick is fairly well known thanks to the course and tournament bearing his name. Of course, lots of people know the name and probably have no clue who he is or that he used to play.

Who's the famous guy (but most won't recognize his face) that impacts every disc golfer every time they play?

(Dave Dunipace)

Me!
What? You say you've never heard of me? Well Dang!

Still have to go with George Costanza. A wider audience is what it is. More folks have seen that Seinfeld episode than have ever played disc golf.

Yeti for sure.

Random pro gets out of car at tee #1 on random course, Yeti for sure is the one that gets spotted.

Climo hands down. McBeast and Schultz are a distant 2nd & 3rd. Avery is popular but can't believe no one has mentioned Nate Doss, 3x world champion.

Even I barely recognized Nate when I saw him on a video after losing all that weight. He looks good, but he's not on camera a lot anymore. I don't think he's nearly as recognizable as McBeth.

Cubby!!!

I can't believe that the only mention of Cubby in this thread was about Brody Smith making a Cubby Ace. :p

Hello... The man actually has a type of ace named after him! :)

(OK, probably not the most famous, but definitely worth mentioning IMO. And I am a fan... I'm not busting on him.)

I can't believe that the only mention of Cubby in this thread was about Brody Smith making a Cubby Ace. :p

Hello... The man actually has a type of ace named after him! :)

(OK, probably not the most famous, but definitely worth mentioning IMO. And I am a fan... I'm not busting on him.)

Cubby is the Dave D of DG Media, and I mean that as a compliment to both

Yeti for sure.

Random pro gets out of car at tee #1 on random course, Yeti for sure is the one that gets spotted.

The question was most famous, not biggest. He is head and shoulders above the competition though.

Who is more famous:

MJ/Climo- GOAT, dominated his league for the better part of a decade. Despite being out of the spotlight, has a brand (Air Jordan/KC line) that can be found on the feet/in the bag of almost every player at one point or another.

LeBron/McBeast- Currently, the best player in his sport... unquestioned. A prodigy, were great at a young age, and are now in a peak that has seen them do things never seen before. Could one day be the GOAT, but still a bit of a climb.