• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why Do You Like Jomez?

Why Do You Like Jomez

• Videography

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Post Production (Graphics, etc.)

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • Commentary

Votes: 41 28.7%
  • Timeliness

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • I don't like Jomez

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Who?

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
I agree with this. Last year their dynamic was fantastic and BigSexy commentary was solidly funny.

When you watch other pro sports is the commentators being funny something you enjoy?Football, baseball, etc, is being funny something you expect from pro commentary? Not hating..just trying to understand. Thx.

When you watch other pro sports is the commentators being funny something you enjoy?Football, baseball, etc, is being funny something you expect from pro commentary? Not hating..just trying to understand. Thx.

Yes.

main-qimg-4bcf7e55f31dd42e7a79fbdc0b2733d6-c

To an extent, yes. Sports center woukd be a better example. I don't watch sports just for this but their dynamic just ended up being that and I personally thought it worked when it wasnt forced. I also think Jomez shoukd get some other guys and gals in the booth also though and mix it up more.

I don't know how the financial end runs, and don't need to know.
How you can support/transport/house/feed the team, film the video all day, cut and edit and get commentary to upload the video next day, and be back on the course to film in the morning. The logistics just boggle my mind. Add in family time between weekends?? Whew!!!!!!
For all the crews that do it (CCDG, Jomez, Marty, SpinTV and others), you have my admiration and respect.
My vote was for timeliness.

Jomez does really good work, and I like the BigSexy commentary the best. Anytime you are on air for that amount of time you are opening yourself up to criticism but I think they do a great job overall. Keep it up team Jomez! We are lucky to have them creating content for us all, for free mostly. I just wish they covered FPO more often.

To an extent, yes. Sports center woukd be a better example. I don't watch sports just for this but their dynamic just ended up being that and I personally thought it worked when it wasnt forced. I also think Jomez shoukd get some other guys and gals in the booth also though and mix it up more.

hmm...that's an interesting observation mentioning a "show" with stable commentators, etc. Perhaps a more fitting direction for them (BigSexy) would be to have a youtube channel called: "The BigSexy DiscGolf Show" or something similar and license footage from Jomez and the other crews and then add in their own commentary, etc, etc, and make the product available on their own channel.

I just see Jomez's video production(s) more professional and worthy of better commentating, I'm not tuning into Jomez videos because of any commentator in particular. I said it in the past, but if I still think it would be a good idea for Jomez to hire a pro commentator who would become the voice of Jomez.

I said it in the past, but if I still think it would be a good idea for Jomez to hire a pro commentator who would become the voice of Jomez.

I think this is the path for Sexton... Now that his wife is wrapping up medical school and he has a little one at home, I don't see him traveling much (outside his region).

That said, he can (probably) do commentary remotely just as easily as he can onsite.

I still think it would be a good idea for Jomez to hire a pro commentator who would become the voice of Jomez.

Like it or not, probably talking about BigSexy.... at least Sexton. You can't dg in open division forever but commentators have jobs for YEARS. When's the last time a commentator retired before like 85. Family man with potential for long term career in DG, you bet he wants that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm...that's an interesting observation mentioning a "show" with stable commentators, etc. Perhaps a more fitting direction for them (BigSexy) would be to have a youtube channel called: "The BigSexy DiscGolf Show" or something similar and license footage from Jomez and the other crews and then add in their own commentary, etc, etc, and make the product available on their own channel.

I just see Jomez's video production(s) more professional and worthy of better commentating, I'm not tuning into Jomez videos because of any commentator in particular. I said it in the past, but if I still think it would be a good idea for Jomez to hire a pro commentator who would become the voice of Jomez.

Nate Sexton surely could fit the bill. Solud dude abd great knowledge of the game. He's more subtle but still keeps you entertained whike providing knowledgeable and, IMO top notch commentary. Im not tunong in just for anyone either but the entire package. However if he became Jomez's Ian Anderson I would be pleased. Also Id like to see more FPO players stepping into the booth with whoever is doing the commentary.

For me Jomez excels in two categories over their competition. 1) Post production graphics and reply stuff, and 2) commentary. I find CCDG actual camerawork is right there with Jomez and their post production is EXCELLENT, but falls short of Jomez. I really like Corey and Ian. They are by all accounts genuinely good humans and really love this sport, and while I enjoy their commentary, I far prefer Big Sexy. I feel bad just saying that because of the whole good human thing.

I like CCDG and Jomez but Jerm seems to have taken a hit to his confidence after reading all the YT comments about his commentary. Now it's like hes thinking about what to say rather than letting it come out naturally.

Jomez is my first choice for most of the items already listed and discussed, but the #1 attribute is knowing I can watch half of a round in a 30-minute time period. Always very efficient, entertaining, and well done.

I think that in terms of camera work and commentary, Jomez is on even footing with the best, but not significantly better than CCDG. Maybe a hair better.

Jomez has the best post-production: Slo-mez, shot tracker, and the occasional mega sweet double shot tracker!! You can also put me in the category that likes the instant update birdie/bogey tracker on the bottom score bar.

Another selling point is their commitment to next day turnover for the post produced coverage. Really clutch knowing that I can keep **almost** current on tourney vids without having to watch the live feeds; don't have time to watch the 3-4 hour rounds most days. Really appreciate the effort that goes into prioritizing next day vids with that level of quality; seriously hats off.

I also think there's a snowball effect where Jomez has been recognized as the best, so they often get the best cards to film...which makes me want to watch them even more!

He's not everyone's cup of tea.

But Nate is like sleepy time time tea, everyone loves that ****.

Get your lame-ass hippie tea out of here. If it's not Lapsang Souchong or Irish Breakfast I'd rather climb the highest Juxton Pillar and jump off. :|