• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wii Disc Golf Game

plus4db

If anyone out there has contact with a video game developer, I think the Wii is the perfect platform for a disc golf video game. Can you make it happen?

it already exists. and while kinda fun on a crappy day, its far from realistic

Yeah, I bought Beach Sports and played it two or three times and now it just collects dust. It's not that good. Even my kids don't play much...

Just looked it up. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it sounds like it isn't what anyone had in mind. Is there someone out there who can make a GOOD disc golf video game?

there is supposedly one that was written last year and supposed to be released this year...haven't heard much about it in a while, but was supposed to be much more realistic than the beach sports version, was going to be a download-only game...

there is a cool DG sim game for PCs if you search on here...written by a flight sim programmer...search on here for it, even the free demo version is really cool...has a TON of name-brand discs programmed into it also...

I played it once on beach sports and thought its ok for a bundle pack, at least its a cheap game compared to the others and better than any computer game. It would be nice to have a wii game that has some real courses and disc selection other than driver, mid, and putter. I thought someone here said they were working on another disc golf game, but not sure if it was gonna make it out.

They are waiting until the Wii-motion attachment for the controllers comes out (supposed to be this spring)... it is going to be a game with the PDGA's name on it. The Wii-motion is supposed to make it feel more realistic, especially if you've played Tiger Woods or other games you can notice the current controller just doesn't have the right feel. It is also going to be a downloadable game from Nintendo's WFC connection, so hopefully it will be consumer ($$$) friendly.

i believe they are in the process of making a PDGA game. they are using real courses from around the U.S. my friend in MA was playing at maple hill and talked with the owner and he was saying that the makers of the game came to them to take pictures of the course for the game. i think i heard it was going to be finished some time this year.

skottyb is right. the new motion attachment is going to help tons to make games feel more realistic to play. More realistic movements and greater accuracy would make a disc golf game fun for the Wii. If they really are making a PDGA game with real courses that would be awesome. It could really help in real disc rounds by knowing the course and holes before you actually play the course. When they make the game I hope they account for wind and blockage of wind by trees and hills. It would be awesome if they could incorporate approach for a shot, maybe use the wii fit board for shifting weight.(would be tough to incorporate the whole run up as the fit board isnt big)

i don't own a wii, but if this game makes it out and is what it seems to be, i'll be dropping a few hundred bucks pretty quickly...

I read the same article a few weeks ago. I think any disc golfer who plays a wii at some point thinks about and/or wants a game simulation of disc golf. The fact PDGA is the one doing it makes me smile even more. I just hope there is a course builder contained within the game.

It sounds sweet. It would be nice to have it to where you can upgrade your discs/buy different ones, innova/discraft ect. Play against the touring pros, stuff like that

If this is good, as it seems it will be, then that will be awesome. I know it won't be the same as actually playing DG, but when there are tornados outside that make it impossible to play, i'll still be able to play DG in some sense.

Latest posts