• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will this weekend change the face of disc golf?

Mark Ellis said:
Mark Ellis said:
A seemingly reliable source reported to me that a new company submitted 4 discs for PDGA Approval and are awaiting the Board's acceptance. All 4 discs are drivers and all have the same rim width. Announcement of the new discs is being held until the new year.

Oh and the names given to these discs are as simple (basic, uninspired?) as you can imagine. Maybe they are temporary names?

DGP_Proto_zps24759d50.jpg

Looks like star plastic too. Damn they've been hiding this for almost a year.

EDIT: JHizzle where did you encounter this little gem?

Paul McBeth
Here goes nothing, I'd like to thank my sponsors Innova Champion Disc, Dynamic Discs and Grip EQ but with a new disc company I have to drop one or some of my sponsors. I'm have turned away multiple offers and I have found the one that fits my future the best. I had a great 2012 season with only BETTER things to come in 2013. I will be a part of Team Innova and Grip EQ stay tuned for our newest items coming in 2013.

Jesse B 707 said:
Jeronimo said:
keltik said:
well the juicy rumor today is that Garret Gurthie is going to Lat64°.

ugh... hope not
Why? Who really gives a shit?

I do and so do alot of other people. GG is a great player and person. Not to mention the fact he can throw his putter over 500'. NBD, right?

I openly wept a few years ago when GG left Gateway, I just sat there holding a stack of baby blue Illusions.

TheDuchess said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Jeronimo said:
keltik said:
well the juicy rumor today is that Garret Gurthie is going to Lat64°.

ugh... hope not
Why? Who really gives a shit?

I do and so do alot of other people. GG is a great player and person. Not to mention the fact he can throw his putter over 500'. NBD, right?

You never really mentioned why. Is there a reason other than he'd be leaving Innova? There are lots of good opportunities out there. If GG went with L64, he'd probably be associated with Dynamic, who seems to be headed in the right direction for promoting all the great things about this sport while supporting some great tournaments.

Innova has never had a problem taking players from other teams. Innova might always have the largest number of molds but it will be intersting to see Innova as the number 2 name in disc golf, if it happens.
Could that date be accurate on that disc?

keltik said:
EDIT: JHizzle where did you encounter this little gem?

Grabbed it from the electronic aether, where it was floating around.

Mark Ellis said:
Mark Ellis said:
A seemingly reliable source reported to me that a new company submitted 4 discs for PDGA Approval and are awaiting the Board's acceptance. All 4 discs are drivers and all have the same rim width. Announcement of the new discs is being held until the new year.

Oh and the names given to these discs are as simple (basic, uninspired?) as you can imagine. Maybe they are temporary names?

I dunno, there's worse names out there than Execute. Just a short list of terrible names: Orc, Boss, Xtra, Xpress, Freak, Boatman, XXX, and tons more.

keltik said:
Boatman sounds better in Finnish.

The translation from the Finnish name could have been better but somehow the ferryman or the grim reaper for more modern times could have been a poor business decision possibly turning away some potential customers while attracting others. And i'm talking of not literate but marketing type translation here.

Latest posts