• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter 2019 blows already. Come on Spring time.....

Last year I was minding my own business and "BAM" a snow storm nearly wrecked me. Covered my house and my front yard practice basket....

Attachments

• 545A239B-ADF1-4084-B6EF-28396019962D.jpg
    545A239B-ADF1-4084-B6EF-28396019962D.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 53
We got some snow 4 inches that was gone in September right away 2 days later with warm temps again. In my area we got the snow this past weekend not much but the wind and cold, Monday was high of 19-20 F with a wind making feels like 10 F and low Sunday to Monday night was 8 F with wind making feel like -1 F.

Now I just hope we do not get the full on winter until end of April like the last 2 years with the worst stuff in March and April one of the incidents closed all of South Dakota down.

My next day off is Friday and it's going to be a balmy 35 degrees and mostly sunny. I'll be out for sure. Probably in a sweatshirt too. I just got a Stego in the mail today and I'm itching to try it out just because of the crazy overstableness I've heard about it. If the ground is icy is it possible that this thing will skip and actually come back to me like a boomerang?

Another winter crybaby thread? Halloween is just barely over, could all you whiners maybe wait until at least Thanksgiving before you start pi$$ing and moaning about something you have absolutely no control of? Put your bag in the closet and stfu.

Fun fact: Postdating your checks in the US only changes when your check will become expired. You could write me a check postdated 12/31/9 gazillion and I could cash it tomorrow.

And yea, winter sucks where I live. There's nothing like stepping into your car only to realize you can't see out of any of the windows/windshield due to snowfall.

At least here in South Carolina, if a post-dated check bounces, you can't prosecute it.

I was actually expecting some "What is a check?" comments.

Another winter crybaby thread? Halloween is just barely over, could all you whiners maybe wait until at least Thanksgiving before you start pi$$ing and moaning about something you have absolutely no control of? Put your bag in the closet and stfu.

Sorry. January's a rude enough house guest when it comes on time; worse when it shows up 6 weeks early.

It was freaking 16 in OKC this morning. It's way too early for this shixt.

Agree, I wish we had more than 2 weeks of fall this year. Fall is my favorite season. I expect this type of weather, but not until December/January. It's been December/January for about 3 weeks now...

Is this serious or a joke?

Some of the posts on this thread belong in r/gatekeeping.

Lol.....25 degrees and 10 in fresh heavy snow on the ground here in Detroit....oh yeah, wind chill around 14. Good news is the sun is out.

Feels kinda like I missed fall. :\

I understand that some of you have snow and real crappy weather already but it's wet and cold today, that deep in your bones wet and cold, I have had enough. I understand that 45 degrees and raining is not cold by Buffalo, St Paul, Chicago or Minot standards but it sucks for North Carolina. Since that's where I am, that's the standard I am using. Where's 100 degree day and a hurricane when I need one. Little bit of global warming would feel real nice about now...

Is this a form of a weather troll? Remind me to post next summer when it's 80 and sunny in Buffalo and NC is 100 degrees with 95% humidity....

No Troll,

I was working from home Monday and it was raining. Got tired of spreadsheets and data reviews so I went out in the yard to throw. It was raining just a bit, threw some test discs to set up a winter bag and just figured I would start a thread about the conditions.

Figured it was more interesting than threads on players, disc, rules, scores or form.

I like playing at 100, no back ups on the tee pad. Played at 103 this summer, was out in Texas for 2 weeks.

I like playing in snow, I just don't want to do it everyday.

Spent a week in Syracuse once for work, snow coming off the lake that week was brutal. Landed at the airport at night and could not see the parking lot from the inside of the terminal. Car service guy called me and said "just walk straight out to the curb, I am parked 100 feet from you." Never seen snow that heavy before. I could not see the car at 100 feet. Next morning, sun was out, snow piled up all over the place and everybody going on about business without missing a beat. Pretty awesome really. That's when I realized that snow would be there until March, it was December 12th.

Only thing cooler then that was a Minnesota trip, I went there to do some work and the parking lot was loaded with snowmobiles, not many cars. Never going to see that in North Carolina.

Is this a form of a weather troll? Remind me to post next summer when it's 80 and sunny in Buffalo and NC is 100 degrees with 95% humidity....

He's not a troll at all. Someone posts this kind of thing every year. Usually a Californian when it's 50 below in the north or something. It's better than the soon to be bumped discs with ribbons thread that I suffer through for 6 months of the year. Speaking of ribbons.....

Temperature 'feel' is strange. If it's been 80, then 40 is friggin cold. But if its been below 20, I can't wait until its 40 so I can go play.

Also - Plastic Thunder - Nice Avatar! I got me a pair of suggies too! My kids play with them EVERY day without fail.

Temperature 'feel' is strange. If it's been 80, then 40 is friggin cold. But if its been below 20, I can't wait until its 40 so I can go play.

Also - Plastic Thunder - Nice Avatar! I got me a pair of suggies too! My kids play with them EVERY day without fail.

The first day I wake up and it's near freezing, I immediately recall 10 months before when it was 50 degrees colder, and instantly feel warmer. I flip the switch to winter mode real fast.

Travel update, was minding my own business when my manager called be and ask about Binghamton NY. 2 hours later I am booking a flight, hotel and a rental car for Monday. So, bet it's colder up there. Taking the bag, planning on a Friday morning round before I fly home.

It's me I do it every year....

He's not a troll at all. Someone posts this kind of thing every year. Usually a Californian when it's 50 below in the north or something. It's better than the soon to be bumped discs with ribbons thread that I suffer through for 6 months of the year. Speaking of ribbons.....

Played my first snow round the other day and loved it. It was ski gloves between shots and wet cold disc all day, but had a blast. Maybe the novelty will wear off by mid-December lol. But for now it's cool with me.