• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter DG Shoes

Just ordered a pair of Hi Tec Bandera for $54.
•Waterproof suede leather and mesh upper.
•Waterproof bootie construction.
•Moisture-wicking lining keeps the foot dry.
•Soft collar for added comfort.
•Rustproof metal hardware.
•Hi-Tec removable contoured insole.
•MDT rugged rubber outsole is great for all terrain and durability.
Seems like a lot of shoe for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnfabsPp1s

http://www.backcountry.com/vasque-snowburban-ultradry-winter-boot-mens

those are the other boots i am buying. on sale at 6pm.com for 90$, 400g thinsulate which should be enough if you're moving around. i returned my vasque snow junkies (which were amazing, by the way) and am buying these instead. i have no doubt they will be just as impressive and quite warm as long as i am active. for inactive periods, such as while working on my car, i am buying military surplus bunny boots.

if you want cheap and good you'll have to compromise somewhere. these snowburbans are about as close as you'll get IMO. :p normally they retail for 130+. quite a steal; i may have to save up and buy a couple pairs at that price to save me some headache down the line. definitely a lot of boot for your buck IMO.

I like the Patagonia Ranger Smith for winter. Way to hot to wear in the summer but they are waterproof and have vibram soles. I use slip on traction spikes only when there is ice.

The boots I linked earlier have proven to be awesome. Buying st least two more pairs. Was out in the cold, wet 34 degree weather and no ****s given by these shoes with just a regular sock inside them. waterproof too, winning. Will be buying half size larger to accommodate large sock for colder temps.

did you get the bunny boots or the snowburban?

I got both. The bunny boots are ridiculously warm, too warm. I'll be wearing them when it's below zero. The snowburbans, I feel, are going to be perfect for that 0-32 range if I have a larger pair and get a nice warm wool sock for that 0-15 range to complement my size 10 which is warm enough for that "cold, but not too cold" type weather with a regular sock.

Boot theory.

Forgot to mention the snowburbans are quite light for their size. Not clunky whatsoever.

Annnnnd....I just gave in. Had to buy another pair. Hopefully I get some Christmas cash so I can justify a third!

Last edited:
trial by fire today, nothing too crazy, a somewhat brisk round at kaposia. snowburbans are definitely waterproof and cozy enough that i was just wearing a normal darn tough sock in my shoes. got a little sweaty in the boot, but stayed warm. hopefully they keep this sale up because with my next check i'm gonna buy a couple more.

so, for anybody looking for a good winter boot . . . check out the snowburban.

last update, because i've said all i need to say. :)

snowburban rocks. i fell through some ice into about mid-shin depth water today. my pants froze solid, water went in over the top of my boot.

changed socks, wasn't even cold. played a full second round of 27 holes. part of it's the good socks, the other part is mos def the boot. i don't know if i would recommend these around 0, but i certainly would down into the teens and single digits. only needed one pair of socks; i thought i'd be freezing so i initially wore two - too crowded inside the boot, made my feet cold. took off one pair and saved the other (thank god, since it meant i had a spare set when i fell through!). one pair of socks=bliss.

First test in the cold stuff tomorrow. Gonna be a high of 1f. Don't know if I should try the black boots or the snowburbans. Probably rock the black boots, better safe than sorry. Will leave feedback. If I play two rounds I will try the snowburbans for the second.

Thanks for the link! Limited sizes left but I just picked up the last pair of 13s for 45 bucks. These will be my first vasques since the legendary sundowners back in the day

you'll like them. i personally sized up a half size and feel it's better for the cold, but the 10's have been working fine as well. i'll keep my 10's for less cold, 10.5 for when i want a bigger sock.

Yeah I'm a 12.5 if I can ever find it so the 13 should leave room for some nice warm socks. I wish they were here already, I usually play in the mornings after work and the next three days I'm looking at 15 degrees, 0 degrees, and then snow

Agreed. I was wearing my half size too large snowburbans on Saturday at 0 degrees and regular darn tough socks. Chilly at first and then I got warmed up and good to go . Probs would have been cold if I'd worn my reg size 10s.

Much to my own surprise, I have made it this far into the winter with WP Merrill Moabs, Sealskins, and various socks as the base layer. No problem in zero degree or 4-6 inch snow thus far. I am pretty high speed when out playing and keep the blood moving.

Just got the snowburbans in the mail last night. Just walking around the house they seem to havee better ankle mobility than my Merrill mids(slightly beefier than moabs but that type of boot) despite being a good 3 inches taller. Now I just need some bitter cold to try them out in :)

Latest posts