• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Park Resort – Winter Park, CO - New 20 Hole Course Open

klay

Eagle Member
According to the Mile High Disc Golf Club's website, the new 20 hole course at Winter Park Resort is now open.

Here is their release:

"The new course at winter park ski area is now open! It's located on the top of the arrow chair.. above the alpine slide. It has moderate elevation changes in the beginner ski terrain, takes about 2-2.5 hrs. to play and is 20 holes.

We're in negotiations for the pricing, but as of now you must purchase a one-time alpine slide ticket($15) to take up the arrow chairlift. you can use this ticket unlimited times to take the chair, so if you walk down (15 min.) you can re-use the lift ticket(legal!). But once you ride down the lift or take the alpine slide, the ticket is not re-usable.

We are also hoping to use this course for the Snow Mountain Challenge later this year! Details coming soon…"

I have yet to see it in person but I have put in a request via email for more information on the course so I can update its page here.

Any Colorado golfers thinking about making a trip up to play it?

15 bucks is a little steep to ride up a lift 1 time but that course sounds awesome. May have to do a camping/discing trip up there to check it out

From what I gather, and I could be way off base, the top of the lift is not that far up the hill.

The release says its a 15 minute walk down, and located in beginner terrain. So maybe something similar to the hike in to 1 at Beaver Ranch?

Tough to say but don't forget that if you pay your $15, ride to the top and play as many rounds of DG as you want...you can still ride the Alpine Slide down.

Worth it now? :p

How many 2.5 hours of DG can you get done on a mountain hike. I would be done after two tops.

I've played a couple courses where you could pay to ride the lift up, or walk up for free. I wonder if that'll be an option here, especially if it isn't too terrible a walk. Either way, ski hill courses are some of my favorites, especially if the elevation changes are used well in the design of the course.

I kind of mentioned it farther up the page but, yes, if you can hike your way up its free.

Thats how all the resort courses work up here. Beaver Creek, Vail, Aspen, Snowmass, etc.

You gotta pay to use their lift facilities but since the resorts are on national forest land they can't charge you to be on the property.

So you're never really paying money to actual play at these places, just to get to where the course is where play is free.

Basically it is like: You have no car, but want to play a course that is 10 miles away from your house. You can either walk and pay nothing, or take the bus and pay a few buck, but then your disc golf day is not free. You are paying to not have to hike up a mountain. Some people dig hiking.

Basically it is like: You have no car, but want to play a course that is 10 miles away from your house. You can either walk and pay nothing, or take the bus and pay a few buck, but then your disc golf day is not free. You are paying to not have to hike up a mountain. Some people dig hiking.

Well said.

I am thinking about it. I need to do a bunch of things this weekend, but an extra trip to winter park to play DG wouldn't ruin things. Can you do it on Saturday? We can also do a tag swap! What time is good for you... OK... PM me.

No go on Saturday, I'm tubing down the Colorado River at State Bridge and then camping that night. Sorry man.

If you go, let me know what its like.

Are you camping at the classic campground del Rio. Too bad the bar at State Bridge burnt down. Also, there is a dg object course at State bridge. I haven't played it yet, but if my son kayaks on Colorado river weekend, I may play it. I have kayaked from del rio to state bridge. Pretty stretch of river, a few small play waves for kayaking...

Not quite sure where (or if) we're camping yet. We're putting in at El Rancho and then getting out at State Bridge.

I got up here right after the lodge burned down but there is a guy who is trying to resurrect State Bridge and make it better than it was before.

Hopefully that happens soon.

Latest posts