• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter...

Indeed. Yesterday it was like 60. Today like 30.

Its the swinging back and forth that makes it worst.

Yeah, I'm ready to get out and get this new cart rolling. However, not in this extremely ridiculous snow. :thmbdown:

Spring, hurry the **** up.

6 degrees here today, no wonder WI people drink a lot of booze and get fat. Hoping el nino temps come back asap.

Love it! Played 16 holes in snowshoes the other day, (standstill drives). Only bad part was running out of daylight. So pristine and picture perfect on every fairway. The woods sound different when snow is hanging on the branches. Very energizing. The snowshoe thing really worked. I got big wooden ones. Best part is that you can stand on top the snow, no slippage, and every putt is downhill from there.

Hate it. I don't have any waterproof shoes or boots, and around here the soil stays muddy and swampy all winter long, so it's such a miserable slog with cold wet feet, lousy traction, and mud all over everything. Yuck.

Everything is super understable for me trying throw standstil.....turned over my saint pro......gave up....I putt for 5 mins till I can't feel my hand....

... for me its time to hit the gym. Great way to re-energize and get ready for the coming season.

Hate it. I don't have any waterproof shoes or boots, and around here the soil stays muddy and swampy all winter long, so it's such a miserable slog with cold wet feet, lousy traction, and mud all over everything. Yuck.

Walmart has a couple cheap option for snow disc'n. I have a pair of Ozark trail boots(that are not available anymore it seems but they have others) that were $30 2 years ago. They are not the most comfortable things to wear but they keep the feet dry.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/clothing/men-s-boots/

actually just moved one of my baskets into my spare/storage room so I don't have to freeze while putting in the unheated barn this winter. i have almost 25 feet of putting distance but have to clear a doorway, which is making me putt really straight haha...not a bad thing i guess.

Everything is super understable for me trying throw standstil.....turned over my saint pro......gave up....I putt for 5 mins till I can't feel my hand....

Strange... Discs should fly more overstable in the cold. Mine do, anyways.

-14° and snowing right now, just got done playing a coupla rounds at Hansen. Cold, schmold.

I think it just depends on the humidity. When it is cold and damp the discs just don't seem to glide out as much and tend to fly more OS. Heavy air is bad for discs. Not to mention when its cold you are likely wearing more or thicker clothes and wont have the same velocity on your discs.

Last edited:
Want your feet to stay warm & dry? Two words: Pac Boots.
attachment.php

Low 30's at night, mid 60's during the day here, loving it. Just wish mornings were a bit warmer. Summer though, sucks once it starts getting up to 100+ every dang day.

The fact the sun goes down so early is much worse than the temps.. for those that work during the day.

Low 30's at night, mid 60's during the day here, loving it. Just wish mornings were a bit warmer. Summer though, sucks once it starts getting up to 100+ every dang day.

Dude, you just have to endure those days to live where winter doesn't really happen.

I tell people I will take that heat and humidity to live where the winter weather is mild and doesn't last for 4 or 5 months a year!

Latest posts